Genuine Apple White IP4 Back Vs OEM Apple White IP4 Back

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tuzii, Nov 2, 2010.

1. tuzii macrumors member

yo.

Heres a few tips if your looking to change your black ip4 to a white one.
    After changing mine thru a store that got them directly i learnt abit about the different quality.

1st. the real ones will either come with a full black protection cover shield or black protecting the apple logo and the iphone text on the back. As they are made on ghost production runs in the factory and these covers make sure the people making them can smuggle them out.

2. the real ones atm will have a bump feeling from between the glass and the plastic rim around the back and front, this is due to less glue being used on them.

3. the real one will have all the back parts, camera lens, diffuser, and the antenna flex, it should also have a tight fit like an older nokia express on cover, and no barcodes/QR codes as they arnt scanned in to physical stock as they shouldnt actually exist.

4. is this is the most import comparison. as ive used a 230 lumen led torch thru the glass and this is what happens with a fake/OEM one.

[​IMG]

and this a genuine one

[​IMG]

5. and this is the final the actual paint on the back is different as the fake/OEM is a lighter dull blue

[​IMG]

and the genuine one is slightly darker

[​IMG]

but currently all the sellers are trying to cash in on the demand of the white parts, theres really no way to tell unless you buy the most expensive and hope you get what you want

and finally heres just another pic of mine
    [​IMG]

2. fender57 macrumors 6502

Good stuff, thanks for posting. Regarding the quote above, do you mean there would be a black shield directly covering the logo and text? I'm receiving a back plate from iresq today and wanted to make sure.

3. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Maybe thats why a portion of the housing on the inside is metallic to reflect the light from shining through on the backplate?

4. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

5. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

care to post a link to buy the REAL OEM back plate?

6. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

i would also like to know where these real ones are.

7. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

There are not any "genuine" or "OEM" white iPhone 4 backs, considering there has never been a white iPhone 4 in production for the mass market. All white backs up for sale are made by a 3rd party source.

8. tuzii thread starter macrumors member

they are, they are classed as reject back plates or prototype back plates.

and there are lots made by a 3rd party also, which are mostly bad ones like the see thru one ive shown

9. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

10. tuzii thread starter macrumors member

i got these from a phone shop in sydney aus, not online

11. reeco macrumors regular

reeco

I agree with this, at the moment there are no real ones. only fake chinese knock offs!

12. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

I believe maybe they were made in the foxxcon factory and sold my people who were supposed to throw them away.
    I think there as third party ones but surely there would have been alot floating around for the third party sellers to replicate them!

13. tuzii thread starter macrumors member

like i did say they are cover in black protective film either completely or on the apple logos and text so they can be smuggled out.

14. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

how much are they in that shop?

15. tuzii thread starter macrumors member

300aud

16. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

17. tuzii thread starter macrumors member