Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
#1. Scuffed iPhone
#2. Wifi blows
and now...
#3. 3 mins late for my 12:30 appointment means I have to come back at 7pm.

Apple... you're pissing in my Cheerios a lot this week. :mad:

divisionbuyzero

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2012
I would have asked to see a manager right away and lit him up. I can't count the times I've had to wait 10, 15 even 25 minutes past my appointment time. Besides, given the issues you already experienced the least thing they can do is let you be 3 minutes late.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
I would have asked to see a manager right away and lit him up. I can't count the times I've had to wait 10, 15 even 25 minutes past my appointment time. Besides, given the issues you already experienced the least thing they can do is let you be 3 minutes late.

Exactly.

Although only a few minutes. I've never had an appointment where I'm seen at exactly that time. It's always a few minutes off.

I'd have likely returned my phone.

applesith

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2007
Manhattan

I've had to wait a bit too sometimes but they never rushed me because they were late. I'd ask for a manager as well.

Aug 5, 2012
3 minutes late is still late... They were probably just following protocol.

Leave with plenty of spare time for your next appointment.

Quu

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2007
You're not the only one to suffer this poor service. My friend is having a real time of it too.

He ordered an iPhone 5 online, it came, scuffed to bits. He called Apple Care and they sent him a replacement phone. The new one actually had a sticker across the box opening saying it had been inspected by Apple Care, and yet when he opened it, it too was scuffed in very obvious places. It was even worse than his first one.

So he calls them again they tell him to go to a store and hand both phones in and go through their replacements to find one that isn't scuffed.

The manager of the Apple Store tells my friend he will replace the phone but he isn't going to open more than one replacement box and he can either take it or leave it (this is before he even opens the replacement).

The manager opens the replacement and it is scuffed, he decides (the manager) to "put this one aside" going against what he said previously and opens a second box. The 2nd replacement phone is also scuffed! - Silver showing around the black metal band where it has been scratched.

The manager then looks at my friend and says "Well you can choose between these two". My friend, frustrated said um no thanks and returns the two phones (his original and the one apple care sent him) and gets a refund.

He is now using his iPhone 4S again and is considering a white iPhone 5. So he has gone through in total 4 iPhone 5 blacks and every one has been scuffed.

Pictures of proof: The box from Apple Care he received: http://i.imgur.com/ZQOUb.jpg

Pictures of 2nd scuffed iPhone: http://i.imgur.com/AR3r9.jpg & http://i.imgur.com/VvKSO.jpg

Now personally my iPhone 5 came absolutely perfect with no marks and I'm very happy with it but everyone else I know has got a scuffed one. I mean how unlucky do you have to be to get four (!!!) scuffed out of the box iPhone 5's in a row?

The phone has only been available 6 days.. this whole situation could end up much bigger than the Nano scratching thing from years ago which resulted in a class action suit that Apple lost by the way. Their customer service as well seems complete cack after the way my friend was treated in-store, I can understand the staff are annoyed by people who keep going through replacement devices looking for a perfect phone but they should be perfect! if anyone is going to scratch them it should be the customers themselves.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
#1. Scuffed iPhone
#2. Wifi blows
and now...
#3. 3 mins late for my 12:30 appointment means I have to come back at 7pm.

Apple... you're pissing in my Cheerios a lot this week. :mad:

I'm going to be the Ass here.

You made the appointment at 12:30 correct? What have you learned (should have learned) as you were growing up about showing up EARLY for appointments?

I've seen how busy these stores get and if your name is called and you're not there, they move on to the next person. It's that simple. Nobody else should have to wait or adjust their time because you were three minutes late.

If it was that big of a deal, you should have asked to see a manager. Not post here about how you were late and people should make an exception for you. ;)

Hence why it's call an appointment. Lol

SlyMac

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2008
I kinda see the reasoning if hey have a booked day. People being late and delaying others is why you would experience 10,15,20min, delays in being seen.

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
3 minutes late is still late... They were probably just following protocol.

Leave with plenty of spare time for your next appointment.

If it's expected of people going for their Genius appointment to accommodate the Genius when they're swamped, why shouldn't the same courtesy be extended in return when a few minutes late?

Aug 5, 2012
I'm going to be the Ass here.

You made the appointment at 12:30 correct? What have you learned (should have learned) as you were growing up about showing up EARLY for appointments?

I've seen how busy these stores get and if your name is called and you're not there, they move on to the next person. It's that simple. Nobody else should have to wait or adjust their time because you were three minutes late.

If it was that big of a deal, you should have asked to see a manager. Not post here about how you were late and people should make an exception for you. ;)

Completely agree with this... The OP was late and would have just back logged others that arrived on time.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
We have a very generous, accommodating manager at the Apple store near me. They have extended us some latitude, we are allowed to be as late as 3 minutes & ten seconds.

Believe me, that extra ten seconds really makes a difference :)

Aug 5, 2012
If it's expected of people going for their Genius appointment to accommodate the Genius when they're swamped, why shouldn't the same courtesy be extended in return when a few minutes late?

I don't write the rules... I just arrive on time

Bluphyre

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2012
I get three minutes isn't the largest deal however I have to agree with the poster above. Don't make an appointment if you cannot keep the time. In any business scenario it reflects terribly on you.

rotobadger

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
I think they should've taken you. 3 minutes is not a lot. I know they're busy...busy making a TON of money.

And GO CARDINALS!

thecurryman

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2012
i was 10 min late to a genius appt today...still got seen..this is outragous i would have torn the manager a new one if that happened to me...i have to wait upwards of 30 times before im seen yet 3 minutes late and its cancelled?

JRoDDz

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2009
NYC
So what happens if your are there early, and they are late to see you? I'll tell you.. NOTHING. That's because your time is worthless while their time is precious.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
i was 10 min late to a genius appt today...still got seen..this is outragous i would have torn the manager a new one if that happened to me...i have to wait upwards of 30 times before im seen yet 3 minutes late and its cancelled?

Oh, the humanity! :rolleyes:

Kaze105

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2012
Quick question to people who visit apple store for a replacement. How do they give you one if they are supposedly "out of stock"?

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Yea, they REALLY suck about this.

The other day my appointment was for 2:50 PM.

Well, I stood in "line" to "check in" (later realized this can be done on your phone, but was never told this!), which took about 5 freaking minutes.

By the time I reached the check in guy it was 2:53 PM. I ended up waiting 20 minutes, at which point I went off a bit. Because like you have all mentioned, no matter HOW early you show up to your appointment, the genius bar is ALWAYS running behind!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.