Geodefender

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Resist, May 1, 2009.

1. Resist macrumors 68030

I mean Geodefense.

While this game is really fun it has crashed my iPhone numerous times when I have a lot of activity in the game. Good thing I am only using the free version. I couldn't see paying $3.99 for a game that crashes all the time.

2. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

3. Gokunama macrumors 6502a

Gokunama

Have you tried one of the memory clearing programs? System Activity Moniter is the best I've tried so far.

geoDefense has never crashed my iPhone. The only program that occassionally freezes up my iPhone is Galcon (if I forget to free up memory after using the Internet).

I know that each iPhone is slightly different in behavior, and the apps you put on can affect other programs.

4. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

I shouldn't have to use a memory clearing program! But it only happens when I have the screen almost full of towers. So there is a lot of laser, blasting and missile action.

5. Gokunama macrumors 6502a

Gokunama

A lot of games recommend rebooting the device to free up memory (a free up memory program does the job as well though, and it's faster). With all that action on the screen, if your RAM is partly full of internet or iPod history, then the program might be prone to hitting a memory wall a lot easier and crash.

6. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Well when it does crash my iPhone reboots, so the memory should be clear, yes? But once the game if full of action, it crashes yet again.

7. Gokunama macrumors 6502a

Gokunama

Weird. Although I've also had problems in the past with an app that no one else seemed to have any problems with. Incompatible programs? iPhone glitch? Rare bug? Hard to know, hope it sorts itself out someday.