geodefense - new awesome TD game

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by cycler15, Feb 21, 2009.

1. cycler15 macrumors member

Just bought geodefense, a new TD game. it's on sale for a $1 right now. For those of you who like TD games, you owe it to yourselves to check this one out. it's pretty awesome (IMO better than Fieldrunners, 7 Cities, and Tap Defense, which I have all 3). retro style old school graphics and sound.

but be warned.... the game is VERY HARD. but not hard where you want to throw the phone at the wall hard. it's hard where you see how each level a small change in gun types or gun placement will make a MAJOR difference and you keep trying new strategies.

check it out.

2. Gokunama macrumors 6502a

Gokunama

It's a pretty decent game, and it is challenging. ¥115 is a steal for a game that'll provide a few hours of entertainment.

3. Ashyukun macrumors 6502

For $1 this game definitely is a steal- and man is cycler15 ever not kidding about it being tough. I've been playing it off and on since its release and I'm still stuck on the 4th map on Easy. It's very well done, has nice (simple) vector-style graphics, and is a great challenge. I wish this had been out when we did our Tower Defense show, it really is quite impressive. Definitely grab it while it's still at $.99, because they could easily (and probably will) charge more for this down the line (and it would still be worth the money...)

4. Gokunama macrumors 6502a

Gokunama

I said a few hours of entertainment in my earlier post, but I'm stuck on the easy level 6 of this game, and I've been playing it for past two hours. I'm a bit of a veteran of tower defense games, having played A LOT of fieldrunners.

5. cycler15 thread starter macrumors member

I was stuck on Easy Level 2 for the longest time. Yes, the 2nd level of the game. It took me probably 10-12 tries to figure it out. Once you understand how to utilize each tower, then it gets easier. I finished all 10 easy levels and am now on Medium Level 2. This one is tough.

6. shigzeo macrumors 6502a

shigzeo

reviews aplenty

it seems that reviews are coming up all over the place.

here is another one!

ive not yet had a chance to play but since i love TD and especially 7Cities, it is nice to see a great new TD release that is both cheap and has a unique look!

7. shigzeo macrumors 6502a

shigzeo

reviews aplenty

sorry, strange network problems here and at headfi.org

8. Resist macrumors 68030

I just found out about this game today. I love it! But I buy at a price tag of $3.99, just to much in my opinion. Wish I had gotten in on the $.99 deal.