GeoDefense Swarm is now Out!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Fedorov, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Fedorov macrumors 6502

App: geoDefense Swarm
    Developer: CRITICAL THOUGHT GAMES LLC
    Price: 0.99
    Screenshot:

[​IMG]

Description:

The Thinking Man's Tower Defense Returns!

Introducing geoDefense Swarm, the sequel to the critically acclaimed geoDefense.

geoDefense Swarm takes all the dizzying visuals, vexing challenges and addictive gameplay from the original, and changes the equation – instead of defeating creeps along a pre-defined path, geoDefense Swarm challenges you to use your creativity, building mazes for the creeps to navigate across obstacle-laden open levels.

Celebrating our release with alow introductory price! Follow us on Twitter @geoDefense and @nsxdavid!

FEATURES:

- Classic 'Open Field' Tower Defense Gameplay
    - 30 Levels, Each With its Own Unique Challenges
    - One 'Endless' Level in Each Difficulty Group - the Creeps Keep Comin'!
    - Novice Mode for Tower Defense Newcomers - and Hardcore Mode for the Pros
    - geoDefense Swarm is OpenFeint Enabled - Featuring Online Leaderboards
    - Auto-Saves Game If You Press Home Or Are Interrupted By A Call
    - 6 Tower Types With 7 Levels Each
    - Introducing the Thump Tower: Smash Straying Creeps with a Powerful Shockwave!
    - Play Your Music in the Background

HERE'S WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING!

"Fans of the original will no doubt love geoDefense Swarm. It has the same excellent Geometry Wars-inspired graphics, massive particle effect explosions, and (at higher difficulty levels) will test the skill of even veterans of the tower defense genre." -- TouchArcade

WHAT PEOPLE SAID ABOUT THE ORIGINAL GEODEFENSE

*** PC World's 10 iPhone Games You CANT Live Without! *** #8: GeoDefense!!!

"The tower defence genre is a popular one for the iPhone and iPod touch, and geoDefense blows them all right out of the water." -- PC World

"If you fancy yourself a tower defense guru, and you don't own geoDefense yet, shame on you. geoDefense is a well presented, well designed game that ranks up there with the best TD titles on the platform. Score: 8.2 Impressive."
    -- IGN.com

"It's bright, it's colorful, and you might have seizures while playing it but it's fun as hell!"
    --Maxim.com

"Until geoDefense, I thought tower defense games were boring. Not this one. I love this game, and I went into it expecting to hate it. That means it's good. Score: 4.5 out of 5."
    -- GamePro.com

iTunes Link: iTunes Store

2. Habakuk macrumors 6502a

Loved already geoDefense, loaded Swarm, and after some minutes I can only tell two words:

Get it!

3. nippyjun macrumors 65816

Agreed. I got it and it's very good. The gameplay is like fieldrunners with the towers and baddies from geodefense.

4. Gokunama macrumors 6502a

Gokunama

Yep! Definitely get it if you are at all into the TD genre. I've tried quite a few TD games, and then I've completed just three levels on this game, and this is one of the best (I only hope the explosion of baddies doesn't make the action hard to see on the upper levels like it did on the original Geodefense).

5. Dan73 macrumors 6502a

Hah, I was just about to start looking for a $1 game I could spend my last dollar thats on my paypal account, looks like I found it!

I hate the icon of swarm though :(

6. anubis macrumors 6502a

Great game... question: Does anyone know how the thump tower works? I wish game designers would include tech trees and tutorials to help players figure out tower structure and operation : /

7. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

8. Fedorov thread starter macrumors 6502

You'll see a pulsating shock wave coming out of them which damage any creeps nearby - the closer to the middle of the shock the more damage it does apparently, not had much play with them yet, off to do some more shortly!

9. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

GeoDefense is my very favorite iPhone game, so I picked this up sight unseen. Can't wait.

10. Gokunama macrumors 6502a

Gokunama

11. aluren macrumors 65816

x2.

All icons that contains app names are kinda cheesy.

12. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Am I the only one having a problem with this? When I re-launch the game after pressing home, it immediately crashes. When I launch it a second time, it works - but my game in progress is gone. Anyone else?

edit: weird. Now it seems to be working. I don't know if it matters, but the two times this happened on my 3GS today I was listening to music in the background ... :confused:

13. Gokunama macrumors 6502a

Gokunama

The iPod takes up free memory, so geoDefense may not have had enough free memory to save your game.

14. FranklinPhil macrumors newbie

Thump tower? Hello?

I agree! I'm not really seeing any thumping-well, I just about thumped my iPhone. Great game but please, do I have to activate this thump tower or is what I see, what I get? I'm not seeing any real damage from these things.

15. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

True, but on a 3GS? This thing has twice as much RAM as the older iDevices!

16. Fedorov thread starter macrumors 6502

The Thump towers only affect the hexs immediately around them, the pulsating wave you see coming out does not extend past 1 hex, they are VERY effective if you set them up so creeps have to corner around them as they will get THUMPED multiple times and it's not just one creep at a time getting hit either :)