Geohot's new Twitter post -- No Jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Jimmyneedles, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Jimmyneedles macrumors newbie

"In Berlin where there are no Apple stores. USA in world cup! No plans for new jailbreak. Stop asking."

No plans for new jailbreak. Stop asking.

Letdown?

2. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

Old news. But not a letdown. He's also posted to keep an eye on Spirit, so just because he's not developing his own jailbreak doesn't mean he hasn't shared exploits with others so they can get a release put together.

3. Dakota558 macrumors member

4. nicroma macrumors 6502a

nicroma

Also Musclenerd stated they might already have an exploit for the iPhone 4. Someone will release one soon enough. :cool:

5. jpjandrade macrumors member

What I don't understand is why he keeps posting stuff like blackra1n on iPad, iOS 4 and the untethered jailbreak on the 3GS. I mean, if he doesn't want to do jailbreaks anymore, fine, but he keeps posting his feats and then gets pissed and tell everyone to **** off? I don't get it.

6. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

People are impatient, that's it. There's already enough messages around places going "HURRY UP WITH THE RELEASES!", from people who think they are entitled to instantly have their phone jailbroken. If you want it in a hurry, learn to do it yourself, otherwise just have some patience and wait for the DevTeam to do what they do best.

Comex never said he wasn't working on anything at all, just mentioned he hadn't been doing so yet. Geohot said he's not working on anything, but that once again doesn't mean that he hasn't sent info of exploits off to other people to get things done. I see his videos are more proving a point it CAN be done, instead of "I can do it, screw you all"

Edit - WHOOPS didn't mean to quote JB and seem like I was bitching at him LOL.

7. Cinemagic macrumors 6502

They're probably tired of the ingrates demanding a jailbreak when they do it for free and for fun. No slam against you or anyone in particular. I'm as guilty as the rest of the masses. We use the fruits of their efforts often without so much as a thank you. Then we demand that a new jailbreak be released before the update actually hits iTunes.

DevTeam, et.al. are a smart bunch of guys. I appreciate their work. They have made my life with the iPhone more interesting.

8. OasisNYK macrumors 6502

I would actually pay an annual subscription to get the JB software - it is that good. I respect what these guys do but I also understand the impatience, once you have JB you cannot go back.

9. turbineseaplane macrumors 68020

turbineseaplane

+10
    I'm so with you.

Things like SB Settings, icon changing, true multi-tasking....

It makes the iPhone what it should be out of the box...

...awesome!!

10. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

I'm missing SBSettings like crazy now. I never realized how much I used it until it wasn't there to use

11. turbineseaplane macrumors 68020

turbineseaplane

Yeah.

Drives me nuts that Apple doesn't include something similar or allow an App in the AppStore to create some of the same functionality of SB Settings.

12. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Seriously, folks, "no plans for new jailbreak" is not the same as "plans for no new jailbreak." Geohot wants people to get off his back. He's a very busy young man and doesn't want to commit himself to anything he might not have time to do, nor does he want people emailing him or tweeting him or calling him at home (yes, it has happened) to ask him when it's coming out. I am sure Geohot will either find time to make a jailbreak himself or will pass his exploit on to someone else. But we need to stop acting like spoiled children and just let it come when it comes.

13. Bl0ckHe1d macrumors 6502

Bl0ckHe1d

I couldn’t agree more!! Especially the short memory everybody has with the name callings, threats, tweets, harassments etc because these people didn’t/don’t have a clue how to jailbreak their iDevices.

Suddenly, all the incompetent jailbreakers update their iDevices to the latest OS with no available jailbreaking software (after being warned so many times not to!) start to begging, whinging, pleading etc with the guy who has no favours in return (other than the few generous donations!) to offer them a new software…

Go figure guys…I think would also tell you to p!ss off!!

14. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

im sure he gets bothered so much, he just posted that for people to get off his back...when maybe in the mean time he's working on the jailbreak

15. bigbadnewill macrumors 6502

I agree also. It does make me laugh how many people have updated to ios4 already before the jailbreak was out. If you hadn't updated then you'd all still have JB. I want to update to ios4, but won't until there is a JB for it. This way, when i do I won't lose the features I need, such as sim unlock, sbsettings etc.

On a side note, get on it Geohot!! :p