George Bush, Easter Bunny, Spider-Man

whw5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2004
Atlanta
Well guys what can I say. I finished a claymation type film about a week ago, and I've now posted it. I won't tell you that much of what its about except that it has George Bush, a foul mouthed Easter Bunny, and Spider-man. Let me know what you think.
http://www.willweber.blogspot.com

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
Well, it isolates cultural givens and twists them -- asks you to look at them and grapple with them and transform them.

And it's fun with action figures.

It was funny. I would love to see another draft that loops some of the separate parts into each other ... unless you're intent on isolating each figure.

whw5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2004
Atlanta
Sharewaredemon said:
Uhhhhh, I totally laughed quite a bit, but what was the point of that?
To be honest, I just felt like doing something different and I had some action figures lying around.

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
hah! loved the Bush part:

Good morning, this week I made it clear who the decider is in Washington - it's the president - I am the decision makinger. I making decisions and I decidify on all those decisions. Then I take up my mind and conclude to a finalized conclusable. The executive decider and chief must chief until the end executing authoritates.
:D

e

OnceUGoMac

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
The sound mixing needs to be fixed, the early animation scenes are jerky, and it tries too hard to emulate Robot Chicken. Other than that it's okay. C+

P.S. It's not claymation, it's stop-motion animation.

whw5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2004
Atlanta
OnceUGoMac said:
The sound mixing needs to be fixed, the early animation scenes are jerky, and it tries too hard to emulate Robot Chicken. Other than that it's okay. C+

P.S. It's not claymation, it's stop-motion animation.
Don't you love how Robot Chicken is compared to everything now adays?

OnceUGoMac

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
whw5 said:
Don't you love how Robot Chicken is compared to everything now adays?
I wouldn't dare compare most stop-motion with Robot Chicken, but let's focus on your piece. Robot Chicken is comprised of non-linear, random, non-sensical scenes using toys. You made a non-linear, random, and non-sensical piece using toys. If you rip something off creatively, at least have the courage to admit it. It's not a bad thing, it's what it is.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I saw the actual footage with Bush saying he was the "Decider" on the Daily Show - classic there. Nice job with that.

One thing, though is that all the little skits don't have any real relationship to each other. You might want to try and work something out in the next one that tightens it up a bit.

D