George Carlin dies at 71

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Crawn2003, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Kamera RAWr macrumors 65816

Kamera RAWr

Oh man, this is certainly sad news for me. I love comedy and Carlin is a legend. His humor and take on things will be missed, by me at least :(

2. hobbbz macrumors 6502a

hobbbz

****, Piss, ****, ****, ********er, Mother****er, and Tits

RIP G.C.

^^MR does that to my quote.^^ Long live censorship!

3. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Indeed...although the OP was probably correct in thinking this was the more appropriate forum.

Perhaps instead of closing one they can be merged.

As far as Carlin goes, I have to admit I didn't "get" him when I was young (years ago), but I came to appreciate his humor more and more over time. He was a multi-talented, highly intelligent guy who obviously puts tons of passion into his work. Truly one of a kind, and someone who broadened the horizons for a whole host of comedians and commentators since.

4. Vster macrumors 6502

5. HckySo macrumors 6502

HckySo

I actually check the changes to the recent death page on Wikipedia every day, this morning I saw George Carlin and didn't want to believe it.

I instinctively said "sh*t p*ss f*ck c*nt c*ck sucker mother f*cker tits"

:(

6. yeroen macrumors 6502a

yeroen

I remember sneaking off to listen to my parent's George Carlin "Class Clown" 8-Track when I was about 7.

I also remember telling my dad, quoting from said 8-track:

"Hey Dad, you can prick your finger but you can't finger your prick, no no no!"

not knowing of course what it meant. I just thought it was a funny that the words were reversed.

7. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

More and more of the greats fading away. It's a sad day indeed. From what I've seen though, most are remembering him for his comedy, and at least having a last laugh. I think he would have liked that.

8. Xfujinon macrumors 6502

Very, very sad news. Just got back from my honeymoon, and this comes across my browser...

He will be missed. Without question, one of the funniest people who ever lived (right up with Richard Pryor).

Very sad.

9. SteveG4Cube macrumors 6502

This is very depressing, Carlin was the great voice of reason in a time where society seems like it's lost it's direction. I was about to book tickets for his upcoming show at the Borgata next month, too. Everyone should pray to Joe Pesci that George's soul doesn't get stuck up on the roof.

10. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Wow, saddened by the loss of a true comedic genius who provided hours of entertainment. Can't believe how few posts there are here. I have 4 of his comedy LPs, what better time to dig them out and have a listen in tribute.

RIP George.

11. pjgeer macrumors member

George will be missed, for sure. I am a big Disney fan, but love his speil on how stupid it was for Mickey Mouse's brithday to be announced on the evening news, too too funny.

Pj

12. Crawn2003 thread starter macrumors 6502

I know. I didn't see one in the "Current Events" forum so I added it. Later on I saw it in the Community Discussion. I thought that since most people can usually put things like this in current events that they would. So sue me, lol.

Crawn

13. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

I think you got a little more cain then baumer in your 'tar. You a bloodthirsty righty, Thomas?

(jk)