Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thibaulthalpern

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 2, 2008
East Coast, USA
[Note: I asked this earlier but only realise now that I posted in the wrong forum]

Can anyone recommend a Geotag app for iPad (preferably one made for iPad, and not one made for iPod/iPhone only). I haven't had success in finding one yet.

Basically here's what I want to do:
1. I take pictures with my non-GPS digital camera when on holiday
2. I upload the pictures using the Camera Connection Kit to the iPad
3. Using a geotagging app, I can geotag each photo uploaded. I want to do all of this while away from the computer. I don't want to do this when I return home where I fire up Aperture and then geotag a big pile of photos. To geotag pictures as they come is a less daunting process than doing several hundred photos at once back home.

Any help?

Thanks!

err404

macrumors 68030
Mar 4, 2007
I use GeoTagPhotos. It's not exactly what your asking for and it's not a native iPad app. However what your asking for would not work very well in the iOS environment. Due to API restrictions, it would require you open your tagging app to import the pics from your camera roll and then save a second tagged copy back to your roll. It's a lot of extra work if you intend to tag every photo.

GeoTagPhotos on the other hand, creates a log of your trip in the background. This allowed me to take pictures from various cameras and Tag them after I returned home from my trip. It includes a batch tagging desktop app that works very well. I was able to properly tag over 4000 photos from 3 cameras with just a few minutes of setup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.