Germany Iphone ( noob question)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by majinoo, Apr 11, 2008.

1. majinoo macrumors member

Hi ,
    since the Germany Iphones with the tmobile contract are so low ( ~155 $ usd) , could I buy one , get it from a mail forwarding service , unlock it ( via Ziphone ) and use it without paying any cancellation fee for the 2 year contract service that i wont use ?

Just a question like that

thanks

2. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Aren't you saying you have to sign a contract with T-Mobile to get that price?

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Are you automatically set-up with T-Mobile at ~$155 USD? B/C AT&T has $79 USD iPhone and data plan. :eek::confused:

4. Fatum macrumors member

Fatum

You got some really faulty prices! The 8GB iPhone is 399.- Euro. The 16GB costs 499.- Euro. Add an average 50% and you get an approximate US$ price.

Of course, the is no iPhone in Germany without contract. You will not get an iPhone nor a contract without proof of german residence, income, proper credit back-check and a german bank account.

The once, on MR, posted subsidized iPhone prices and revamped contract models, did not arrive yet, and (from my understanding) never do.

Regards
    Fatum

5. aethelbert macrumors 601

Actually, they are subsidizing them right now. Go into a store and see. But you're not gonna order one online, OP. It's not only illegal by breaking the contract, but it won't work.

You don't just pay €99 for the phone and say "I promise that I'll get the XL plan." You actually have to sign the contract when you get the phone.

6. Fatum macrumors member

Fatum

Nope, not in Berlin. Just passed a store, and nope, still the old 3 plans with the old 8GB model. 16GB still only by online or phone order.

Regards
    Fatum

Edit:

I went to the store and had a chat with the clerk, and yes, they do subsidize them. On my question, why they still display the old plans in the shop window, she said:

"Oh, I don't think we knew that they were still on display.":confused:

Wickedly, the shop manager joined at this moment and remarked:

"Oh, well, you know, it is not like we would see the iPhone as a serious product. At the end of the day, it is all just a PR thing.":eek:

Oh well, at least I was right on the fact that the 16GB version is online/phone order only, and the store manager believed that only the 8GB one is subsidized.

T-mobile, what can you say?:D

7. Red-Biff macrumors newbie

German iPhone now 99 euros??

Hey guys,

i was reading today in the guardian that you can get an iPhone in germany for 99 Euros (£80). Does any body know if you can get one shipped to the UK?

x

8. voi666 macrumors member

ok, for everyone who wants to buy the subsidized iphones from t-mobile germany:

- they will only sell you a phone with a two year contract (doesn't matter if you order online or in a store)
    - they will not ship it outside of germany
    - they will not sell a phone to non-german residents