Gesture controls for Ipod (like slacker)

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by cenetti, Jul 26, 2009.

1. cenetti macrumors 6502

Are there any good apps? or (jailbreak) solutions for Ipod control (like the slacker does ) ?

flick right to skip a song, or flick left to play previous one etc...

I am having serious problems controlling it during cardio or even driving ...

any ideas ?

(I love slacker's control btw - it's genius! one flick BAM! next song... Genius I say, GENIUS ) :D

2. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

Not aware of anything to make this happen, but I agree that it's a very intuitive use with the Slacker app. I immediately wondered why Apple wouldn't have thought of this for the native iPod function. It's great!

3. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i know this is not what you really want, but check out music controls? its $5 but it works great with the native ipod app, slacker, pandora, and a couple others i believe. good luck.

4. cenetti thread starter macrumors 6502

5. bmms8 macrumors 68020

hey, its in cydia, and you have to have a jailbroken phone. it basically acts like ipod controls... (you can change the track in any app and run the music in the background)

try looking for it on youtube and i am sure you will find a video on it, good luck!

6. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

7. Mr. Zorg macrumors regular

Mr. Zorg

FlickTunes is better. Of course, I'm a bit biased, being the author and all. ;)

Personally I find tap controls like SkipIt's too easy to hit by accident, which is why I went with flick controls. Plus FlickTunes has a nice large album art and song title, unlike SkipIt's tiny display. If you want to read more about FlickTunes you can go to my site here: http://sogeekysoftware.com/

Note that I've also got new features on the way, as soon as Apple approves it. Including the *option* to use tap control for play/pause and new two finger gestures for volume control and 30 second skipping fwd/back.

8. Mr. Zorg macrumors regular

Mr. Zorg

Good news, everyone!

I would like to inform you that Apple has just posted FlickTunes v1.1 which brings a number of new features to the table, making it even more useful:

* TWO FINGER FLICK LEFT: Skip forward 30 seconds.
    * TWO FINGER FLICK RIGHT: Skip back 30 seconds.
    * TWO FINGER SWIPE UP: Increase volume.
    * TWO FINGER SWIPE DOWN: Decrease volume.
    * TAP CONTROL SETTING: Allow taps for play/pause.
    * SWIPE CONTROL SETTING: Allow swipes for play/pause.
    * TWO-FINGER SETTING: Allow two finger controls.

Additionally, v1.2 is complete and now in the review queue, promising these additional features users have been asking for:

* ALLOW LANDSCAPE SETTING: Allow or prevent landscape mode.
    * MORE AUTO-LOCK SETTINGS: Allow or prevent auto-lock while playing or paused separately.
    * NEW WORKING SCREEN: Now shows a "working" screen while building the initial random shuffle playlist.