Gestures for Magic Trackpad with MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Xeridionix, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Xeridionix macrumors regular

Here's a quick question, I'm hoping someone may be able to give me some insight as searching the Internet hasn't given me any answers on this one.

I'm looking at setting up a small workstation area for when I am home with my MacBook Pro consisting of an Apple Wireless Keyboard and either a Magic Mouse or Magic Trackpad. Since I love the gestures on the trackpad for my MacBook I'm leaning towards the Magic Trackpad. With that being said, are the gestures the same for both the built-in trackpad and the Magic Trackpad, or can they be configured separately? (If not then it's no problem, I just want to make sure there will be no conflicts).

Thank you all for your time and help, and have a great day. :)

2. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Thats a good question! I dont have an answer for you thought. But I wanted to point out that the magic mouse does gestures as well (since you dont explicitly mention it). It sometimes can be a bit trickier than a trackpad though because the surface is smaller and sometimes it mistakes my 2 finger scroll with a 3 finger swipe.

3. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

The Magic Trackpad supports all of the same functionality of trackpads on recent MacBooks.

4. Xeridionix thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the help everyone. I've decided to go with the Magic Mouse and love it. I figured since my MacBook Pro is only sitting on a stand almost right in front of me that I can still use the trackpad if need be for more advanced gestures.

5. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

That is a good thought. You really cannot go wrong with any of Apple's peripherals.