Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrderisory

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 19, 2004
Did apple remove gestures from the finder and desktop? I can no longer pinch/expand my fingers. Also within the finder I can no longer swipe to go to the previous folder.

WesCole

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2010
Texas
Did apple remove gestures from the finder and desktop? I can no longer pinch/expand my fingers. Also within the finder I can no longer swipe to go to the previous folder.

Same problem here. In fact, the only app I have tried that utilizes the new two-finger swipe for back/forward is Safari...

ConnYoungy

Cancelled
Aug 14, 2010
If you set wiping to TWO fingers, you can use gestures in the finder like back/forward, it will also work in safari/iCal etc. but the pages won't animate as they move

If you set it to THREE fingers, it won't work in finder, but the pages in safari etc. with "slide" out of view.

Seems really inconsistent to me

phutch3

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2011
Hold option while swiping using the two finger swipe in Safari. Wish I could say the same about Finder. Definitely a little bit of inconsistency with that.

EDIT:
Or if you're using a Magic Mouse, a one finger left or right swipe will do the trick.

CapnJackGig

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2011
If you set wiping to TWO fingers, you can use gestures in the finder like back/forward, it will also work in safari/iCal etc. but the pages won't animate as they move

If you set it to THREE fingers, it won't work in finder, but the pages in safari etc. with "slide" out of view.

Seems really inconsistent to me

This is wrong. If you set wiping to THREE fingers it will work in Finder, Safari, iTunes, Chrome etc without animations. If you set it to two fingers, it only works in Safari (with animations). There's an option to set it to two AND three fingers so you can have both active at the same time. Really stupid UI decision to not make everything work with two.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.