Get 2013 13" MBA now or wait for updated MBA? (link)

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by amazingmuzmo, Oct 13, 2013.

  1. amazingmuzmo macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2013
    #1
  2. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

    sonicrobby

    Joined:
    Apr 24, 2013
    Location:
    New Orleans
    #2
    If you can go to mid-july 2014 without a computer, then go ahead and wait for the new one :D
     
  3. Valiran macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2013
    #3
    MBA have just been updated so waiting for the next evolution mean wait for barely a year :)
     
  4. amazingmuzmo thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2013
    #4
    True, this update will be in 8-9 months...
     
  5. NMF macrumors 6502a

    NMF

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2011
    #5
    And who knows, it could be crap like the first-gen MBA.

    If you need a computer now, buy a computer now. There will always be something new on the horizon. For all you know this new MBA could still be a year away.
     
  6. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

    nepalisherpa

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2011
    Location:
    USA
    #6
    And, in 2015, they will have a newer MBA! ;) I guess you got my point! :D
     
  7. Lifter7 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2012
    #7
    The 2015 MBA will be much better. I would wait till 2015, or maybe 2016 because it will be more evolutionary.

    Seriously, there will always be a better product on the market right after you buy yours. Your product will get outdated eventually, and something better will be on the market.

    But does that make your outdated? No. IMHO, I've never found any reason to upgrade any of my electronics before 2 years pass. I own an iPhone 5 ,sure the 5s is better, but there is literally nothing that mine can't do, a year later after release.


    If you want or like a laptop, go get it now. No point in waiting, because you might as well wait forever.
     
  8. ayres macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2010
    #8
    only you can know your threshold for regret... deep, right?
     
  9. evorc macrumors 6502

    evorc

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2011
    #9
    Simple, buy the new MBA now and sell it next year if the new one is true to be that good. :) One thing to remember that Macbooks hold their value. You might lose 100-300 in value but that is one year's worth use of the best MBA at the moment. ;) It really depends on your needs or what you want now. Of course the next one will be better but can you wait another year?
     
  10. Tinknock71 macrumors 6502

    Tinknock71

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2008
    Location:
    Westland Michigan
    #10
    If you can wait that long. if not but the current one and enjoy its not like its going to be a relic after a year.:D
     
  11. silverf1re macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2011
    #11
    I heard the 2016's were going to have more gigahertz and megabytes. I'd wait till then.
     
  12. tann macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2010
    Location:
    Nottingham, England
    #12
    I would just get one now if you need a computer. The MBA probably won't be updated until around June/July now and if that time came and you wanted the new one the 2013 MBA should keep a lot of it's value so could always sell and upgrade for a few hundred.
     

Share This Page