Get 22% off the iPad Pro

Discussion in 'iPad' started by EdisEdward, Oct 21, 2015.

1. EdisEdward macrumors 6502

2. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

Where did you get 22% from?

Edit: Never mind, I see, but the title is still misleading because that isn't available to all.

Edit again: Oh ****! Just realized I qualify for this since I just opened my Discover It card a couple days ago, awesome! Good find, thanks OP. I may splurge and get the LTE model due to the savings :)

3. Macalway macrumors 68000

Thanks for posting!

What exactly do I do? I see 10%, but (are there special instructions?)

(a little confusing, perhaps)

But this is definitely worth it to sign up for this kind of deal.

4. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

If you sign up for a Discover It card and have it in Apple Pay or your phone or Watch, just use it in person through Apple Pay and Discover should recognize that you've done that and give you your 10% cash back a few days later. The other 10% will come at the end of your first year with them, since all cash back earned your first year is doubled and given to you at the end of the year.

5. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

6. masotime macrumors 68000

masotime

Note that this only applies to in store purchases. You have to physically register your card into your iPhone with iOS 9.x and Apple Pay, then physically use the NFC on either your iPhone or Apple Watch to pay.

This means you're going to have to go down to your local Apple Store and hope they have the model you want in stock. Just take note.

7. jimnaze macrumors newbie

jimnaze

Or just buy it online and then return it in the store and re buy it with apple pay. In case the store is sold out. Because we want it now.

8. EdisEdward thread starter macrumors 6502

What most people are doing is buying a MacBook today, returning it with gift receipt and getting a gift card. Then they will have gift card to use when preorders start online

9. Macalway macrumors 68000

10. biosci macrumors 6502a

Has anyone done this? Purchased online, return in store and then repurchase? Has there been an issue that if you return it, it's unavailable to be scanned to be repurchased again? I'd be scared to return my 128 + LTE iPad Pro only to have them say, 'I can't scan this product now to sell you... it has to be checked for refurbished product etc etc' IDK just wondering.

11. EdisEdward thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes I did it. I did pick up in store. U delivered to your home it sounds like and u used it (?). Should have just done in store pick up, returned it, and rebuy on the spot.

12. biosci macrumors 6502a

I picked up in store but it wasn't eligible to be returned on the spot.

13. jimnaze macrumors newbie

jimnaze

I picked up in store as well and they did a quick return for me so i could use the discover/apple pay option. But mine was unopened.

14. gorkt macrumors 6502

gorkt

Interesting. This might be the push I need to get an iPad Pro. I just got a Discover card and linked it to Apple Pay planning on using it for Christmas purchases. I would assume that if I ordered one at the store using Apple pay then had it shipped to the store I would be eligible, right?

15. jimnaze macrumors newbie

jimnaze

I don't see why not. From calling Discover, you just need to be at an actual register when you pay. Also bear in mind that I'm two billing cycles in from my last larger purchase using the deal and still have not received the cash back. I've been told to wait for one more cycle. So don't assume you'll see the cash back appear instantly on your account.

16. thefredelement macrumors 65816

thefredelement

Oh man, I bought it on my Discover but not in the store. Maybe I'll give them a ring and see if they can do it for me so I don' have to return and do it like that?

Also, I'm probably buying an awesome iMac and now I'll def put it on the discover, great deal.

17. MaloCS macrumors regular

I'm in the same boat, please keep us updated.

18. lewisd25 macrumors 6502a

As long as you use the payment system w/ a sales rep, it should work.

19. WilliamG macrumors 604

That's because the best way to do this is NOT to pick it up. Go to the store, have them get your ordered-for-pickup iPad from the back. Then CANCEL the order online. They can then sell you the iPad and you can pay with whatever. If you actually fulfill the order and pick it up, sometimes it causes issues with returns/rebuys.

20. Mike B in ok macrumors member

Mike B in ok

Alas, I am not eligible for the double rebate offer, but Yesterday I took an old but alive iPad 2 (not iPad Air 2, but iPad 2) to Best Buy and got a $100 credit for it on a 32 gb wifi iPad Pro, then paid for it with Apple Pay linked to Discover Card to get the 10% rebate. Here's the link for the $100 minimum on old iPad offer:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/clp/ipa...er/pcmcat748300778317.c?id=pcmcat748300778317