Get $260 for a 16GB iPhone 4 on eBay!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eff pc, Oct 8, 2011.

1. eff pc macrumors regular

So I know Apple has a buy back program for iPhones and iPads and stuff but on the homepage of eBay you can instantly sell your iPhone 4 (or other device at different prices) for $260 if it's fully functional and in perfect condition. $80 more than Apple's offering so if you're trying to sell your iPhone 4 to get the 4S I'd check this out!!

2. UniPro macrumors regular

UniPro

Or you could sell it through eBay the normal way. I sold my scuffed up 16GB iPhone 4 for $360 two weeks ago. Sure you lose a bit from eBay and shipping but you still come out ahead compared to eBay's "Sell it Now" program.

3. eff pc thread starter macrumors regular

True but for the people that don't want the hassle of posting and just want enough to cover a new 4S...it's a good alternative.

4. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Yea or you could sell it on craiglist for $350 and you will have someone in couple hours for sure.

5. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

6. rusty2192 macrumors 6502a

I sold my 16GB black AT&T iPhone 4 on eBay Instant Sale Wednesday. They were offering up to ~$300 at the time for perfect condition, but there were a few small scratches on the back, so I accepted the offer of $240 in "good" condition. That was $50 more than Gazelle was offering at the time. This was much easier that a traditional eBay auction or dealing locally on Craigslist.

7. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

doesn't ebay put it in your paypal account? thus, paypal grabbing some dough too? or do you get every cent?

8. jerrycrum macrumors member

I posted my AT&T Black iPhone 32 gb on craigslist yesterday just to see what happens even though i have no intentions to sell it until I have my 4S in my hands.

I posted it for $250, and within minutes I was receiving multiple emails, text messages from 5 different people, and phone calls from 3 different people. Since I wasn't really ready to sell I deleted the post only 15 minutes after putting it up.

People definitely want these things.

9. ihav0frnds macrumors 6502

yea cuz you set a really low price.

10. rusty2192 macrumors 6502a

Paypal does take their cut, but ebay doesn't.

11. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

lol i sold my water damaged iPhone 4 for 300 dollars.

Selling a good one for 260 would be foolish.

12. tonie macrumors 6502

You prob didn't disclose that it was water damaged.

13. jshbckr macrumors 6502

If you wait for a jailbreak/unlock, you could easily grab upwards of $500-600+.

I sold my 3GS for $640 AFTER the iPhone 4 had been released, and that was a much bigger jump between models than 4 to 4S.

14. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Everyone always says that Craigslist is better and they can sell their phones practically instantly. I've had my iPhone 4 16GB on there for 4 days and haven't gotten a single email. Am I doing something wrong??

15. zigzagg321 macrumors 6502

make sure you have several good pictures in your ad. CL is awesome. Cash money. Cant beat that.

16. iPhone Addict macrumors 6502

Are you in a big city? I sold two iPhone 4's yesterday on CL for $375 each. They were software unlocked though (I preserved the modem baseband on it every time I upgraded) so that may have been why I got a premium. I listed them for $400 and got about 5 emails per hour until I sold it and deleted the ads.

17. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

I'm in a Chicago suburb. I didn't include pictures in my post so I guess I should add some.

18. nodootabooteet macrumors newbie

Sold a Factory Unlocked Black iPhone 4 16GB for $400 a day after it was posted on Kijiji (Similar to CL). Very happy with the sale. Everyone else on Kijiji was trying to sell the same phone for $450... their ads are still up.

19. SAIRUS macrumors 6502a

Sold my 16 gig AT&T iPhone 4 for $350 on craigslist.

With the number of people trying to sell theirs, yours ends up moving down the list pretty fast, thus it just requires some good timing when you post.

Doesn't hurt if your ad does something to stand out from the rest like pictures, creative writing, and having a quick way to contact (I put my google voice # to text me right away).

Ugh now waiting till friday while using my old Samsung flip phone. Have a small profit to use on a trip for a small vacation.

20. labman macrumors 604

labman

craigslist is the way to go imo just meet people in a very public place. If they are not willing to do that then pass. I also list my google voice number they can call and text me. They also don't get my cell number and I can block them after. Police station is a good safe spot to meet too. A honest person should be happy to meet you there plus more chances your honest too.

21. Codepiink macrumors regular

umm.. where have I been that I have not set up a google voice number yet??? And I sell on craigslist all the time and I hate giving out my cell phone number. Just signed up. Was soo fast and easy!

22. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

That eBay instant sale program is a really bad deal now that I think about it. They will give you $260 for a an iPhone 4 in excellent condition. To them, excellent is "As if never used. Fully functional with no scratches or marks. Must include original package and all accessories." That's basically right out of the box brand new. If you have an iPhone that is in that condition you could probably get close to $400 for it.