Get a grip! If you don't like glossy don't buy it.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nicksellshondas, Oct 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicksellshondas macrumors newbie

Why do people need to cry and whine so much about this? Do you really think it's going to change anything?

Personally, I work in a very bright environment and the way I have my screen angled (RevD glossy MBP 15") I can't see one bit of glare. I'd never trade it for a matte display like the lousy Dell LCD that is on my work computer sitting right next to mine on the desk right now. I have had both glossy and matte MBPs and I prefer the glossy but it wouldn't bother me if only matte was the option.

Even if it did bother me, there is no one forcing me to buy one. Buy a different computer if it bothers you so much! There are plenty of opportunities to buy refurbished or old stock matte display MBPs that I just don't get it.

Of the people who are complaining about this, have you actually tried to use one in your typical environment or a similar one? I used it in the Apple store and it was annoying too. I have to say I haven't noticed the glare once since I brought it home.

Get a grip. No one is going to twist your arm to buy a $2000 computer.

I agree completely with this comment from another thread:

2. TodVader macrumors 6502a

TodVader

I was kind of pissed (without whining on the forums) when I learned that there were no more matte displays but I got mine this week and it's awesome! There are no reflexions when it displays something. I put my hand in front of it and can't see it's reflexion.

I thought it would be like all the whiners say (mirror like).

I only see lots of reflexions when the screen is black (ex. when loading a game) or when it's off.

The brightness is so powerful that it totally kills any reflexion!

Buy it and be happy with it!

3. esphil macrumors member

OK, so I got my mac refurb this week. I went with glossy and had the option of matte. After reading all the negative I was second guessing myself. I came from a macbook and didn't bother me. I'm glad I got glossy, I really like it.

Its all personal preference don't listen to others opinions because yours may be different.

4. iGary Guest

iGary

We're upset because some of us actually USE these things out in the sun, on airplanes, in our cars...

5. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

The last thing we need right now is yet another glossy v. matte thread, especially one that calls people out.

Enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.