Get a headstart on your iPhone 4 setup (If you're adding a line and swapping)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by onecoolazzgeek, Jun 19, 2010.

1. onecoolazzgeek macrumors member

I just got off the phone with ATT and was told that, since I was adding a line and swapping the main to the iPhone 4, I could go into the store ahead of the iPhone launch and get a micro-SIM with my current phones info on it. Was told that the micro-SIMs used for iPad are the reason why. So just walk-in the store and ask to get a micro-SIM with your current account info on it and swap out on Thursday! I'm still waiting until I actually do it (tomorrow) before I accept it, phone reps aren't notoriously known for being right.....

2. trixnrice macrumors member

lemme know how it goes. as far i know (from reseraching online), the current ipad micro sim cannot be used in an iphone 4, not due to physical/technical differences, but by provisions put on by att/apple. but please do post and tell me how it goes, as i'd like to get a micro sim ahead of time, before swapping on the 24th.

3. nateharr macrumors 6502

That's after the microsim has been activated for an iPad.

The technology is exactly the same, but they can be used for different products with different activations and data plans.

4. sheikhsphere macrumors newbie

sheikhsphere

The iPad micro-SIM works perfectly on the iPhone 4. I've just tried it today. Able to run 3G data on it but can't make calls.

And of course both devices have been activated with AT&T. :)