Get a MacBook now, or wait until MacWorld 09?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by NXTMIKE, Dec 9, 2008.

  1. NXTMIKE macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Nov 11, 2008
    Location:
    Canada
    #1
    As many rumors are now starting to circulate about Snow Leopard's release date, should I see what new stuff is released in MacWorld, or satisfy my temptations and purchase a MacBook in time for the holidays?

    (I'd be willing to wait until January, but not so much as March or later for Snow Leopard. Any ideas of possible ship dates for Snow Leopard?)

    Thanks.

    additional details:

    No, I'm not brand new to the Apple community and I know they released the MacBook in October. The question is more about Snow Leopard's release date (general idea) as well other big releases at MacWorld.
     
  2. synth3tik macrumors 68040

    synth3tik

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2006
    Location:
    Minneapolis, MN
    #2
    What makes you think Apple would update the Macbook already?
     
  3. SkyBell macrumors 604

    SkyBell

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2006
    Location:
    Texas, unfortunately.
    #3
    Apple just updated the MacBook in what, October? There's no chance it will be updated at MWSF '09. Get one now.

    As for Snow Leopard, I'm putting my bets on April or so.
     
  4. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

    QCassidy352

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2003
    Location:
    Bay Area
    #4
    no update at MWSF. No way, no how. And snow leopard is still a big guessing game. Buy it now and enjoy.
     
  5. MrM macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2008
    Location:
    California
    #5
    If they update anything, and this is a stretch, Macbooks would be loaded with Snow Leopard. I just don't think that there is enough time between now and then though. I'd just get it now.
     
  6. macrumorsMaster macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 20, 2008
    #6
    Duh!


    Is this question going to be asked around every macworld??

    If you had searched at all you'd see the common consesus is to buy now if you need it or want it, otherwise wait.
     
  7. descartes macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 24, 2006
    #7
    what she said
     
  8. detz macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2007
    #8
    The 17" wasn't updated...that could be released.
     
  9. dmw007 macrumors G4

    dmw007

    Joined:
    May 26, 2005
    Location:
    Working for MI-6
    #9
    Just get your MacBook now. I seriously doubt that the MacBook will be updated at MacWorld '09. As far as Snow Leopard goes, you can always upgrade to it after it is released (for an extra charge of course). :)
     
  10. iAppleONE macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2008
    #10
    or update = current macbook + SL...xD
    just get it now you wont regret it because it makes almost no difference when nehalem is shipped
     
  11. spacecadet610 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2006
    #11
    This question has got to be the most asked question in any computer forum.

    And ALWAYS, the answer is the same: Buy now if you need it, wait if you can.

    Despite the same answer, the question will CONTINUE to be asked until i die.

    *sigh*
     

Share This Page