Get a MagicTrackPad for my Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by freddy425, Jul 4, 2011.

1. freddy425 macrumors regular

Hey Guys just wanted some advice

I am going to be upgrading to my Macbook Pro 4,1 to Lion when it is released and wanted to know if it would be a good investment to get a Magic Trackpad for my MBP to use all of the multi-touch features?

Is it easy to use with the MBP?

Thanks

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

What OS are you running now? I've upgraded my 4,1 Penryn MBP to OSX Snow Leopard and I believe that was enough to enable multi-touch gestures on my system. I'm not at my MBP currently and I mostly use it in clamshell mode as a desktop, so I'm not entirely sure nor can I check ATM. If that's the case, an upgrade to Lion should be sufficient to enable that in yours as well (I'll double check when I'm home and post back), but if you want a larger trackpad or one to use with your MBP in clamshell mode, the Magic Trackpad is a great addition to your setup. It'll be seamless from all of the reviews and posts I've read online.

3. freddy425 thread starter macrumors regular

Im running 10.6.8 just trying to decide whether I need it now or if I should just wait till i upgrade to an iMac in the next 6-12 months

4. skorpien macrumors 68020

You could always get it now and use it with your iMac when you get it. That way you can get the Magic Mouse with your iMac so that you'll have a mouse for when you'd need to use that instead of a trackpad.

5. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

the magic trackpad is really nice. especially in photo editing. do what the poster above said. buy it and get the magic mouse with your imac. however the trackpad you have now will be able to use all of lions multitouch gestures.