get a MBP with 1GB in one RAM slot?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aforty, Jan 2, 2008.

1. aforty macrumors 65816

Hi guys,
    I guess a call to Apple would resolve this also but maybe this will be helpful to someone else as well.

I want a MBP and they come with 1GB but as 2 x 512MB rather than 1 x 1GB. Will Apple let me get 1 x 1GB if I ask them (and maybe even pay a little extra)? Guess the question is, has anyone gotten Apple to do this for them?

Thanks,

2. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

Yes you can. It is a standard built to order option. However, it does cost extra.

Do you mean MacBook? All the MacBook Pros come with 2Gb standard.

3. aforty thread starter macrumors 65816

4. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

I answered too soon. For the MacBooks it no longer seems to be a built to order option. In this case, I don't know, you will have to call Apple and find out.

This surprises me as it has always been an option for as long as I can remember.

5. aforty thread starter macrumors 65816

I mean I figure they'd rather have it as 2 x 512MB so they can charge more for upgrades and possibly deter people from buying their own RAM upgrades later (and so get their upgrade straight from Apple at the time of purchase).

I just wanted to know if as part of being good to their customers they'd do it per special request or something. Thanks for the help.