Get a new MBP or not.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 2ndchancephones, Aug 4, 2013.

1. 2ndchancephones macrumors regular

I have a 2011 MBP and I am ready to get a new one but is it really worth upgrading right now? Just not sure of the differences.

Thanks

2. srsub3 macrumors 6502

srsub3

do you have an ssd in it? If not buy one and you'll see that you don''t really need a new one :)

3. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

"Worth" is very subjective to what you do and your finances.

OTOH, the new Haswell MBP's are around the corner. So, unless your existing machine is dead and you need one right away, it may be 'worth' it to wait a few weeks and see what Apple comes up with.

4. psik macrumors 6502

it might be faster, but then your MBP is nowhere slow enough probably for what you want to do - so save your money and dont buy one is my suggestion. figure out something else to do with the money.

5. Voodoofreak macrumors regular

What are you using your 2011 for? I think with a RAM and SSD upgrade, a 2011 machine is plenty fast to handle today's task. If you are looking for a better display, then go for the upgrade.

6. Ih8reno macrumors 65816

Ih8reno

If the machine handles all you use it for then don't, thats how I usually decide.

7. 2ndchancephones thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks everyone. I don't HAVE to get a new one. I was going to give this one to my son. I'll check out the SSD. Is there someplace good to purchase one? Only thing I have done to this one is upgraded the RAM