Get a new MBP or PC?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iBryton, Jun 9, 2011.

1. iBryton macrumors regular

Hey guys, I have a budget to get the lowest macbook pro 13"... now looking at these PC specs, it knocks it out of the roof, I kind of get jealous.

Can anyone point out the benefits over the PC?

2. cloroxbleach4 macrumors 6502a

cloroxbleach4

It basically comes down to the operating system. In my opinion it's more user friendly though this could be partly biased.

Play with the operating system and see if you enjoy it. Also it depends on what tasks you are wanting to do with your laptop. If you're into gaming, a PC will be better.

I have the basic 13" MBP and I absolutely love it.

3. tamvly macrumors 6502a

tamvly

Apart from the elegant design of the MBP, there's the operating system - Mac OS X 10.6, in this case. Easy to use, pretty much everything just works and great support from Apple. Then there's the Cloud coming with 10.7.

I've used both and prefer the Mac but YMMV. Did you expect something else from a Mac forum?

4. yjchua95 macrumors 604

First and foremost, Mac OS X is way more stable than PC. For me, I'm using a Macbook Pro 15" 2011 (8,2). From my point of view, I have yet to encounter a non-responding app (perhaps because i've got 2.3Ghz i7 and 8GB 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM, but I'm not too sure about lower end models).
    Windows crashes on you, but Mac doesn't.
    It has to be said that graphics is way better.
    And if you ever get stuck and want to use a Windows-only app, you can either shell out 65 quid or 80 bucks for parallels 6 or VMware (which is similar)
    Or either use BootCamp (free but a little troublesome in setting up) for the best results. BootCamp is built-into Mac.

5. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

There are a few things that are beneficial, but whether they are worth it to you is a different story.

The OS could either be better or worse, depending on your point of view. I have never seen a computer with a trackpad that could compare to the one on the MBP. They also have great battery life and are very light and solidly built.

6. iBryton thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you for the responses. I have gladly chosen to purchase another macbook pro!

7. sketdansu macrumors member

Pretty much any software

if you get the mac, you could pretty much run any software (bootcamp/parallels)

8. shansoft macrumors 6502

You won't find anything but biased opinion here, even false information such as "crash" issues. :rolleyes:

Try to look around more and other forums.
    It's better than end up with Buyer's remorse.

9. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

If you need lots of number crunching power or if you want to play games buy something else. If not than the MBP might make you very happy. I hope you like looking at yourself. I personally wouldn't get anything but the 15" AG.

10. palpatine macrumors 68040

Glad to hear that. I recently purchased the base model mbp 13". I am quite pleased with it. I also got a RAM upgrade. Tell us if you get any upgrades to yours. I'd be interested in hearing how the computer works for you.