Get a Windows Program to work on Imac. ( DVD Catalyst 4)

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by hollywood334, Sep 14, 2011.

1. hollywood334 macrumors newbie

Im new to macs and all and was wondering is there a way to get a windows program that i bought to convert my dvds to ipad and iphone format to work on my mac? Ive tired wine bottler and it didnt load that program.

2. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

That's essentially WINE for OS X so emulation is probably out.

You're going to need a copy of Windows, and install it on your Mac either via Boot Camp (recommended) or Parallels/Fusion.

3. hollywood334 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok if i load with bootcamp and convert the dvds to the mac under windows will they still show up under the os x side? maybe im making sense. i thought i read that when running windows you cant access os x files and like wise.

4. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Your OS X partition can read, but not write, the NTFS partition used by Windows. Copying from the Windows partition to the OS X partition is a piece of cake, if you do so while running OS X. Going the other direction is a bit more of a challenge.

If you have Windows installed via Boot Camp and you also use Fusion or Parallels, it's possible to drag-and-drop files across both partitions.