get addressbook entries from iPod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pit29, Dec 22, 2008.

1. pit29 macrumors 6502a

pit29

Hi all,

my girlfriend has an iPod touch, which is currently synced to her Windows iTunes library. She has some addresses on this iPod as well, but not in Outlook or something - they're just entered on the iPod.

The question is: if she (and she might well) buy a MacBook, is there a way to get the addresses from the iPod touch to the new Mac's Address Book? Or will they be deleted when she syncs her iPod to her new, Mac iTunes library?

Confused...
    Pit

2. PDACPA macrumors regular

PDACPA

She could sign up for a free trial of Mobile Me and then sync the Mac to Mobile Me and the touch.

3. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

When your girlfriend syncs to the iTunes library on the MacBook, it will ask her if she wants to replace the information on the iPod with what is on the new computer. If she selects "no", the contacts should not be wiped from the iPod until she changes the settings herself via iTunes.

To answer your main question, I am not aware of any ways to move contacts from the iPod to a computer.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Not sure how things work on a mac, but on windows machines, when I hook up a Touch or iPhone to a computer it hasn't been synced with before, iTunes asks me if I want to merge the contact info from the touch/iPhone into the new computer, or if I want to wipe the info on the touch/iPhone and replace it with the info from the new computer.

5. PDACPA macrumors regular

PDACPA

I have an iphone, but I would think the procedure would be the same. I moved all my contacts from my iphone (originally came from my old phone SIM card) to Mobile Me. Then I sync'd my mac mini with Mobile Me and all my contacts are on my Mac.