Get an imac now or wait? EEEEEEEEEK!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jeb20, Nov 26, 2008.

1. jeb20 macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I have an intel core duo iMac and it is getting to be to slow for my current projects. I have it maxed out at two gigs of ram and well, this puppy can't handle what I need it to do.

My question is:

do you think that imacs will be introduced in January or April? if it's January, I could probably wait as work kind of shuts down in December. If it's april, that's going to be harder to wait for.

And finally, if I could wait, do you think the new imacs will have features that are above and beyond what's offered now? If it's just a speed increase, That's not worth waiting for.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

www.joshmobley.com

2. ritzuk macrumors member

Wait! They will probably see a refresh in January. If not, re-assess your position. If the Mac you have now is working, then do you need to rush out and replace it?

Edit: Your website and music are awesome!

3. jeb20 thread starter macrumors newbie

hey thanks!

Thanks!

4. NXTMIKE macrumors 6502

Wait until early 2009

Probably on a Tuesday in February, iMacs will receive performance bumps. I'm predicting this because if you did some research into Apple rumor sites, you'd find many posts in October that were expecting iMac and Mac mini updates before the Holiday. Then that possibility was ruled out so it will probably happen early 2009.

Upgrades Im expecting: (for cheapest iMac)

320 gb hard drive
    2 gb ram
    and probably an Nvidia graphics card because of what we saw with the MacBooks.