Get Applecare!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bumzo1, Mar 8, 2009.

1. bumzo1 macrumors 6502a

If your deciding whether or not to get applecare, I highly recommend it. My friend has a black macbook that was found to have a defect and yesterday he cut his finger on his keyboard. Today he called apple tech support and they are now going to either replace the entire top case of his macbook or the more probably scenario they are going to give him a brand new alu macbook. They also said that if he hadn't had apple care then they would have replaced his have done anything but apologized. So it is definately worth it to get apple care.

2. br0nc080 macrumors newbie

how exactly did the keyboard cut his finger? kind of curious about what kind of defect that is

3. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

It's official, this is worst reason to buy AppleCare yet.

4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

I guess you can't win a lottery without buying a ticket either.

5. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

Your friend likely cut his finger on a cracked (or broken) top case rather than the actual keyboard.

There's a big difference between replacing a top case and giving someone a entire new model MacBook, especially considering the top case cracking is a known issue.

This has nothing to do with AppleCare, and everything to do with just having a warranty. If your friend was still under his original 1-year warranty, Apple would have done the same.