Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Best Buy is discounting a collection of MacBook Air and MacBook Pro models to all-time low prices today. We're tracking these deals below in addition to great discounts on the Apple Pencil 2 and Apple Watch Ultra 1.

MacBook Air

m2-macbook-air-green.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Starting with the 13-inch M2 MacBook Air, Best Buy has the 256GB model for $899.00 in Starlight, down from $1,099.00. This is a match of the best price we've ever seen on this model, and right now it's only available in one color.

For more storage, you can get the 512GB 13-inch M2 MacBook Air for $1,179.00, down from $1,399.00. This is just about $30 away from the all-time low price, and it's available in all four colors on Best Buy.

Moving to the 15-inch models, Best Buy has the 256GB 15-inch M2 MacBook Air for $1,099.00, down from $1,299.00. All four colors are available at this price, which is a solid second-best price.

Finally for MacBook Airs, the 512GB 15-inch M2 MacBook Air is down to $1,299.00, from $1,499.00. Both this model and the 256GB MacBook Air are just about $50 off from their all-time low prices and still solid second-best options.

MacBook Pro

14in-macbook-pro-green.jpg

There's only one MacBook Pro model on sale right now at an all-time low price: the 1TB 14-inch M3 MacBook Pro. This model is on sale for $1,599.00 on Best Buy and Amazon, down from $1,799.00. If you have My Best Buy Plus/Total, you can get an additional $50 off and knock the notebook down to $1,549.00, a new record low price.

Apple Watch Ultra 1

In another sale, Best Buy is discounting nearly every model of the first generation Apple Watch Ultra. You can get many of these wearables for $639.00, down from $799.00, while a few other models are on sale for a slightly higher price of $659.00.

This beats the best sale seen on the Apple Watch Ultra 2 by about $100, so if you're willing to adopt a previous generation model it's the best way to save the most amount of money. You'll find Trail Loop, Alpine Loop, and Ocean Band models all on sale right now.
Accessories

Our full Deals Roundup has more information on the latest Apple-related sales and bargains.

Article Link: Get Apple's M2 MacBook Air and M3 MacBook Pro for Record Low Prices

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
Surprising to me that the difference between the two M2 MacBook Air sizes is only $200.

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
I played with a clients MacBook Air this week, the thing is astonishingly light! Super impressed by it. After I upgrade to a 16 inch Pro in 2027, I will switch back to MacBook Air 13 inch in 2032.

• Haha
Reactions: Coluch

Saturn007

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2010
Hmm... the prices on the MacBook Airs were *lower* 4 days ago — and even lower for BB Plus members.

For example, the 15” MBA 8/512 has been $1250 for any buyer and $1199 for BB+ members for a month!

See

and

ElectricPotato

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2018
Seattle
Diehard Apple user since iPod, but I have stopped all purchases.

The iPod drew me back to Apple with the "entire music collection in your pocket" ads. That appeal bought them decades of purchases. Now, Apple thinks you should not have a music collection and instead rent access to music from them.

Times change and so do companies. NVidia no longer cares about gaming. Apple is shifting from selling empowering capabilities to a rent collection model. What keeps me on Apple is the alternatives have become worse at the same time. Microsoft's forced upgrade treadmill that too frequently breaks my Windows machine (for work) and advertising as OS feature rules them out as my personal machine. My Linux work machine is fine for technical development but I would never recommend it for non-technical users.

That leaves Apple. Don't compare them to perfection, compare them to the alternative. I'm sure that factors into their pricing.

• Love
Reactions: CarAnalogy

CarAnalogy

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2021
Simple supply and demand. The problem is that people complain about prices but keep buying. Diehard Apple user since iPod, but I have stopped all purchases. However, I am obviously in the minority.
Agreed. Glad I got the M1 Pro with two 256GB SSD modules and 16GB of RAM standard before they started cheaping out on both. Not buying another Mac until they go back to that.

Heard too many horror stories of people with non-standard configs having a really hard time with repairs. The default configs are what they stock, hence they should come with 16GB of RAM for that price. And two 256GB modules for 512GB storage but that's a little more debatable.

In three years 256GB storage is going to seem small but manageable with external storage. That 8GB of RAM is going to start looking tiny, fast.

Reactions: n98848tj

CarAnalogy

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2021
The iPod drew me back to Apple with the "entire music collection in your pocket" ads. That appeal bought them decades of purchases. Now, Apple thinks you should not have a music collection and instead rent access to music from them.

Times change and so do companies. NVidia no longer cares about gaming. Apple is shifting from selling empowering capabilities to a rent collection model. What keeps me on Apple is the alternatives have become worse at the same time. Microsoft's forced upgrade treadmill that too frequently breaks my Windows machine (for work) and advertising as OS feature rules them out as my personal machine. My Linux work machine is fine for technical development but I would never recommend it for non-technical users.

That leaves Apple. Don't compare them to perfection, compare them to the alternative. I'm sure that factors into their pricing.

Seriously considering Linux as a primary desktop again for the first time since the 90s.

Neither Apple nor Microsoft has any respect for their users anymore when it comes to the user interface. They just keep cramming stuff down our throats.

Agree that Apple is the best compromise by far. For now. But they better start heading back in the right direction. And it's sad that even a lot of Apple users are starting to consider it the best of bad options.

CarAnalogy

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2021
They seem to always avoid that... my take is these deals are an appeal to average consumers who are probably more concerned with storing more photo/movies/music than performance and consequently aren't likely to upgrade all that often.

It's funny you say that because someone just asked me which Mac to buy and if 8/256 was enough. Specifically said storing lots of media wasn't an issue. I said yes probably but if you want it to last a while 16GB is better.

I think people buying these want it to last a long time more than anything else. 16GB of RAM is the best way to do that for users who are not writing much to the SSD.

Even if storing lots of media is what you want to do, there are other ways. Arguably that's always best done on external storage anyway. RAM is what people really need because it can never ever be supplemented in any way. Well, except by adding more I/O stress to that small SSD.

mdhaus72

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2018
lol are these all 8GM memory.... no one wants them that's why they are on sale
Actually, this worked out to be the perfect model for my wife as a Christmas present. She doesn't do photo or video editing, gaming, or any other heavy tasks on her computer. She's a teacher and this is the perfect setup for what she needs.

Reactions: tenordrum

3SQ Machine

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2019
I grabbed an open box 1TB M3 Macboook Pro for 1480 on this deal and a base 15” MBA for $988 at BB Outlet . What’s nice about these sales is that Best Buy drops their open box prices accordingly. That’s where the deals really are if you’re willing to look. I’ll be exploring both models to see which form factor I prefer during the holiday period. Will likely return & upgrade if a better-spec’d sale comes on.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
8GB on the Macbook Pro is a joke. That is a horrible deal considering jumping up to 18GB RAM adds another $800.
I supposed if you specifically needed 18GB instead of 16GB or 24GB, it could cost that much for the M3-Pro chip which comes with 18GB. But otherwise, the RAM upgrades aren't as expensive as you are suggesting.

It's also possible you were being intentionally misleading with your $800 claim.
Screenshot 2023-12-02 at 12.23.53 PM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: chucker23n1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.