Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Barham

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 5, 2004
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A109a Safari/419.3)

I know a lot of people were happy to hear that the 3D dock was gone when the Dock was placed at the side of the screen, but I actually prefer the gravity defying Side Dock.

Is there any possible way to get it back?

todd2000

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2005
Danville, VA
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A109a Safari/419.3)

I know a lot of people were happy to hear that the 3D dock was gone when the Dock was placed at the side of the screen, but I actually prefer the gravity defying Side Dock.

Is there any possible way to get it back?

I don't have leopard in front of me, but try putting the dock on the side, and typing this into terminal:

Code:
defaults write com.apple.dock no-glass -boolean NO
killall Dock

Barham

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 5, 2004
I also tried that method. I wonder if it's possible to get the 3D dock art for the side from one of the earlier dev seeds. It would be more complicated, but it might work. Too bad it's out of my ability range.

migguli

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2008
I have that same problem, cant get 3d dock back.. Have someone solved that problem?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.