get back the old style

nETZDING

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2018
hey guys today i got my new mac mini at work! its quite nice i have to say but there is this little issue i cant resolve right now - well, the dark mode is awesome but still im missing my old "combined" app-top-bar like you can see on the screenshots - where can i find this setting under Mojave? much appreciated :)
Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-26 um 17.09.14 copy 4.png
Screenshot 2018-11-26 at 17.12.03.png

have a nice one

phunigai

Suspended
Nov 12, 2018
I read somewhere that feature was removed, i could be wrong tho?

Last edited:

DeltaMac

macrumors G3
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Looks like something different than full screen mode.
How exactly do you get the two different views with the window widgets at a different size?

revmacian

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2018
USA
Looks like something different than full screen mode.
How exactly do you get the two different views with the window widgets at a different size?
I don't think the size is different, rather it is the same app but perhaps a difference between dark mode and light mode?

DeltaMac

macrumors G3
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Ah, OK. I didn't notice the gap between the two screen shots. I thought it was all one screenshot, with the top area showing full screen mode, but not quite there. I still don't know what the OP said about a "combined app top bar" mode of some kind. I guess it is something that I have never used, if not a full-screen mode result.
Maybe it's just an app that doesn't support dark mode properly (?)

nETZDING

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2018
hey guys, thanks for your replies... i got one screenshot from my macbook running on high sierra and the other one is from my mac mini running on mojave newest version. if i remember right it was a appearence feature were the user was able to choose between "top-bar"-Mode or "integrated-top-bar"-Mode like you can see on the screenshots... it would be a mess if thats gone? it kills the integrity of the design...

fisherking

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
hey guys, thanks for your replies... i got one screenshot from my macbook running on high sierra and the other one is from my mac mini running on mojave newest version. if i remember right it was a appearence feature were the user was able to choose between "top-bar"-Mode or "integrated-top-bar"-Mode like you can see on the screenshots... it would be a mess if thats gone? it kills the integrity of the design...
when was there ever an 'appearance feature' you could select like that? anyway, the current look is more modern, and 'streamlined' (for me &, obviously, for apple)...

DeltaMac

macrumors G3
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Looks like you are showing the toolbar in two different windows, and not the top bar. (I think)
It would help if you can show what the top menubar looks like, and not just a window toolbar.

Not a setting like you describe in the system, as installed. It may be a setting that is found in one of the several utilities that are out there.

nETZDING

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2018
Looks like you are showing the toolbar in two different windows, and not the top bar. (I think)
It would help if you can show what the top menubar looks like, and not just a window toolbar.

Not a setting like you describe in the system, as installed. It may be a setting that is found in one of the several utilities that are out there.
here is a screenshot with the menubar included

Attachments

Ritsuka

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2006
The style of the title bar is decided by each app. You should contact the developers of that app and ask them.

Reactions: nETZDING

DeltaMac

macrumors G3
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Slack? If that is the app that you use, then likely that Slack is what provides that integrated menubar.
The macOS system doesn't do that, as far as I know.

I agree. You should contact Slack support. They might have removed that option, or it's not something that the macOS system supports now, and Slack can't add it back.

Reactions: nETZDING

nETZDING

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2018
alright, thanks for the fast responses guys. nice forum - love it.

have a nice one! :)

nETZDING

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2018
ah, now i know! im back to the old style with at least Slack! its was a wierd Slack specific problem where you only get the "new" seemless integrated topbar if you login to multiple teams :)

Reactions: DeltaMac