Get cheap iPhone 3G S while waiting for HD?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by upsguy27, May 15, 2010.

1. upsguy27 macrumors 65816

upsguy27

I have a Nexus One right now and it's falling apart... it has a dent on the top, the cell radio doesn't work half the time, the trackball is sticking... and I need a new phone. I'm wondering if I should just buy a cheap iPhone 3G S in the time between now and June whenever the iPhone HD comes out. Should I, or should I just suck it up and use the Nexus One? Also, when do you think the iPhone HD will come out? Mid-June like the 3G S, or early July like the 3G?

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

well

If about $400-500 is cheap for you then yeah then go for it. that's what a 3GS will cost you used. one guy sold his for $800 on Ebay the prices lower then $600-$700 offered buy cell phone company's are with a 2 year! other then that's it what ever your needs are. I would tough it out another month and a half, but I am not you.

3. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

WWDC starts June 7th. Last year the 3Gs was released 10 days on the Friday after the keynote. If we make an assumption based on last year's schedule, we can conclude that it may be released on Friday, June 18th.

Edit: Oh...and 3Gs...cheap? Seriously? Suck it up!

4. hushmartin macrumors 6502

Wow. The Nexus One hasn't been out that long, so either you're really hard on phones or it's just a piece of crap. If you are that hard on phones....perhaps you should reconsider owning smartphones. If not...wait and get the HD. There's really no point in getting a 3gs for the next month, you'd be wasting your time and money. Unless you just really want to waste money, in that case...I could use some donations. :)

5. upsguy27 thread starter macrumors 65816

upsguy27

No... When I got the Nexus One it had an issue with the cell radio not working half the time, so people would text or call me and I just wouldn't get it. It still has that problem. But I stupidly rooted it the day I got it so the warranty is voided. So, I either sell it or keep it. Can't replace it.

6. tnisatard macrumors 6502

man! im glad i didnt root mines

heres what you can do

i bought the n1 for full price after selling my 3Gs for 515, then i bought the n1, but i didnt like it, so put up an ad on craiglist

trade nexus one for iPhone 3Gs

since its alot easier to get an iphone for 200 on a 2 year contract than 530 on no contract

however you have some damages and no warranty, so you might get a lower offer, but if its that really a big deal to you, you should try it

7. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

suck it up and use your nexus one...its only 24 days remaining when the WWDC starts...just wait!