Get color on your MacBook!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hygebjerg, Oct 18, 2007.

1. hygebjerg macrumors newbie

Look at this new homepage, its easy to follow cheap solution to get colors on your MacBook. It´s great - mine is red now!

http://www.colormymacbook.com

DSC00052.JPG

2. jonnylink macrumors 6502

That's kind of neat, but where did you get the "tape" from? Any links or info on what it is called or where to find it?

3. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

That is great, especially for people who have scuffed up their laptops over the years. Can you order that film/tape online? Is it also available in the US?

Nice pictorial instructions btw.

4. hygebjerg thread starter macrumors newbie

found it

Found it at a commercialfirm..its from Avery
    You should be able to find it anywhere in the world I think...this i in Denmark

You can order it on the homepage, but I think you can find it much cheaper yourself... I think they ship it to anywhere....

5. calvy macrumors 65816

This is interesting indeed. Does the adhesive come out easily with some kind of solvent if I wanted to remove it later?

And any tips on finding the stuff locally? Is there a product name for it? googling for avery film tape is not helping me a whole lot. Maybe a direct link to the stuff on Avery's site?

6. hygebjerg thread starter macrumors newbie

avery graphics

Hi

Found it here:

http://www.averygraphics.com/

Yes I tried with the black bottom, but didn´t like it, I just goes off without using anything.

7. Turboedtwo macrumors newbie

I would do this if I could find a plaid design that I liked.

8. mavherzog macrumors 6502

9. bplein macrumors 6502

bplein

How come the pictures of the different colors on that ColorMyMacBook web site are obvious photoshops? The reflection on the top of the MacBook are identical. I doubt any camera man would be that good at aligning multiple laptops up identically (see keyboard angle, reflections, etc).

Smells like photoshop. Is this even real?