Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hygebjerg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2007
Look at this new homepage, its easy to follow cheap solution to get colors on your MacBook. It´s great - mine is red now!

http://www.colormymacbook.com

DSC00052.JPG

jonnylink

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2007
Look at this new homepage, its easy to follow cheap solution to get colors on your MacBook. It´s great - mine is red now!

http://www.colormymacbook.com/ said:
The result was, that we contacted a commercial firm, making commercials on taxis, trucks etc. and asked for the price on the tape they put on the cars. Its not that expensive! We bought some, and worked around some MacBooks, and see the result! Its beautiful!

That's kind of neat, but where did you get the "tape" from? Any links or info on what it is called or where to find it?

Foxglove9

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2006
New York City
That is great, especially for people who have scuffed up their laptops over the years. Can you order that film/tape online? Is it also available in the US?

Nice pictorial instructions btw.

hygebjerg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2007
found it

That is great, especially for people who have scuffed up their laptops over the years. Can you order that film/tape online? Is it also available in the US?

Nice pictorial instructions btw.

Found it at a commercialfirm..its from Avery
You should be able to find it anywhere in the world I think...this i in Denmark

You can order it on the homepage, but I think you can find it much cheaper yourself... I think they ship it to anywhere....

calvy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2007
This is interesting indeed. Does the adhesive come out easily with some kind of solvent if I wanted to remove it later?

And any tips on finding the stuff locally? Is there a product name for it? googling for avery film tape is not helping me a whole lot. Maybe a direct link to the stuff on Avery's site?

bplein

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2007
Austin, TX USA
How come the pictures of the different colors on that ColorMyMacBook web site are obvious photoshops? The reflection on the top of the MacBook are identical. I doubt any camera man would be that good at aligning multiple laptops up identically (see keyboard angle, reflections, etc).

Smells like photoshop. Is this even real?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.