Get contacts off iPhone onto Win7 PC. How?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MacBoobsPro, Mar 11, 2011.

1. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

I'm a graphic designer (i work with computers - Macs). Which means my boss thinks I am an almighty tech god of epic proportions and can instantly solve any problem on any platform. "Just do it" he says.

Today he brought in his Win7 laptop and iPhone and he wants me to take the contacts off the phone and put them onto his computer so they can then be synced in future. Fine I thought, it can't be too hard as its basically a tick box on a Mac. Well I was wrong wasn't i?

I have no idea what I'm doing in Windows, his machine is incredibly slow even though it has the same specs as my MBP?! and the one program I apparently need (Windows Address Book) is no longer part of Windows7? I'm totally lost, I've been searching for ages and still have no clue how to sort this.

Could someone explain what I need to do to 'merge' contacts like you can so easily on a Mac? And which program I need to use as Windows Address book is no longer there and no alternative is provided?

"just do it!" :(

2. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

Does he have Outlook on his PC? That should work that's how I synced my contacts.

3. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

No outlook. Apparently Windows7 doesnt have that either :(

4. theonekcrow macrumors 6502a

theonekcrow

When you plug the phone into his computer and run iTunes, check out the info syncing options on his iPhone settings. There should be an option to sync with "Windows Contacts". This will sync his contacts into the contacts folder, which is located in his "Username" folder.