Get current MBP or wait for C2D MBP? Help!

redsox786

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2006
30
0
Hey guys!

I really need your guys' help. I really want a new laptop for school. Should I get the current MBP's or wait for the MBP with the Core 2 Duo? If so, does anyone have any idea when they will be released? I also wanna wait for the new ones so they can get rid of all of the problems I've heard from the current MBP (overheating, etc.) What do you guys say?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)
 

sierra oscar

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2006
254
1
South Australia, Australia
this sort of question is a constant staple of this forum - and I think I've read most of them - do a bit of a search and there are some well considered opinions about this.

My objective opinion, would be besides the usual if you 'need' it 'now' then get it now - would be to wait until at least a revB if you can. What that revB may look like is anyone's guess. However perhaps all the bugs are pretty much worked out now anyway - so it may not matter.

I personally like to wait until a revision before I purchase - but that's only b/c I've had the luxury of time (at the time).

Can't answer the latter part of your question about the pros and cons of Core 2 Duo (that doesn't interest me as much as reliability).
 

timnosenzo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2004
889
0
ct, us
there couldn't possibly be more threads on this subject...

so really, if you NEED a computer now, buy it. the current MBP is great. but if you can wait potentially a few months, you might want to...
 

ZoomZoomZoom

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2005
767
0
Tons of threads on this subject. I expect generik and viccles to hop in too.

Right now, we're close enough to a Rev B that waiting isn't a stupid thing. So if you can wait, then wait. If you can't wait, then it's no question - get the machine now, because it's a good machine. Either way, you're well off, but waiting will get you some nice goodies.