General Get Cydia to show updated packages?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by tys, Mar 1, 2013.

1. tys macrumors 6502

The "changes" tab in cydia seems to only show new packages. If an older package (that I don't have installed) is updated, there's no way I can tell unless I search for the app specifically.
    I'm patiently waiting for some of my favorite tweaks to be updated and it's tedious to keep checking each one individually. Plus I miss things: for example Liveclock was updated for ios 6 a couple weeks ago, and I only discovered that today!
    So... Is there a way to get cydia to show recently updated packages? Perhaps a setting I missed?

Thanks!

2. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

Ummm, Cydia actually shows updated tweaks/apps in "Changes" tab. It will even have a count on the tab name to show you the number of updates available. I guess something is wrong with yours.

3. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Of course! Just go to the package description and tap on the first link under the title called Change Package Settings (I think it's called that) then change the toggle from No to Yes. Now whenever it gets updated it'll show up in the changes tab whether its installed or not!

4. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

That procedure must be done to each app?
    I wish there was a master toggle or whatnot that allowed any and all modification/changes to Cydia tweaks and apps to show up. Like the OP there are apps I am waiting to be re-introduced with 6.0 capabilities plus it's kind of fun to see what is being updated.

5. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

I hear you. Do you use twitter? If so, follow CydiaUpdates (I think that's the name) and they tweet all the updates that get updated.

6. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

^
    Excellent, thanks!
    I signed up for Tweeter when it kicked off months (years?) ago yet haven't used it.
    Now I have a reason to.

7. tys thread starter macrumors 6502

Excellent! I never realized I could do that.
    Thanks so much!

8. BumpyFlatline, Mar 2, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2013

BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Haha! Glad I could help!

----------

You are very welcome!

Edit: not only can you see all the updates, but if you open the actual tweet, it includes a direct link to the file as well! Plus if you turn on notifications for twitter and then go to the Cydia updates twitter account on your iPhone app (not sure how to do it on a browser) you'll see a little silhouette of a head. Tap that and you can set it up to receive notifications for every tweet from that account which are 99% of the time updates. Once in a blue moon they'll tweet something and its not an update. It's always jailbreak related though. But if you do this you can receive banner notifications and have them appear in your Notification center and/or lockscreen. Just make sure you go to the settings tab in the twitter app and open settings. Then make sure to turn on notifications and then select Cydia updates in the list. If you have any questions just let me know!

9. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

Shouldn't the toggle be set to Yes by default? I have never had to set it to yes for any of the packages.