Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

userled

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2013
Hi -
I had an iPhone 5 and no longer have it. I synced data to iTunes before I lost it

I would like to get the data, contacts, photo onto to my old iPhone 4

When I plug in my iPhone 4 to my iTunes it asks me to restore backup - but the data referenced is from 1+years ago (perhaps the last time I backed up iPhone 4) and not the date of my iPhone 5 backup

I'm sure my iPhone 5 data is on there, but how can I get to it and get it loaded to my iPhone 4?

Is iTunes auto-detecting this is an iPhone 4, and thus showing me the last backup from iPhone 4 or is there a way to select data sync to my iPhone 5 data

Do I need to update my itunes or iOS somehow?

If someone can please help walk me through what can be done, I would be really thankful!

Thanks,
R.

AriGold

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2010
Hi -
I had an iPhone 5 and no longer have it. I synced data to iTunes before I lost it

I would like to get the data, contacts, photo onto to my old iPhone 4

When I plug in my iPhone 4 to my iTunes it asks me to restore backup - but the data referenced is from 1+years ago (perhaps the last time I backed up iPhone 4) and not the date of my iPhone 5 backup

I'm sure my iPhone 5 data is on there, but how can I get to it and get it loaded to my iPhone 4?

Is iTunes auto-detecting this is an iPhone 4, and thus showing me the last backup from iPhone 4 or is there a way to select data sync to my iPhone 5 data

Do I need to update my itunes or iOS somehow?

If someone can please help walk me through what can be done, I would be really thankful!

Thanks,
R.

I would also like to know this.

seanwebb68

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2010
As far as I'm aware you can't restore from the backup of the iPhone 5 but you could use a third party bit of software to retrieve the files you want from your back up and restore them to the iPhone 4

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.