Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

OWC is hosting a big Mac accessory sale that includes a number of discounts on Thunderbolt docks, USB-C hubs, external drives and enclosures, internal memory upgrade kits for Mac, and more. Most products are in stock and ready to ship out today, and OWC offers free shipping on orders $149.00 and over.

owc-docks.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with OWC. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Highlights of the sale include a collection of Thunderbolt docks for up to $130 off. These docks allow you to easily connect a wide array of peripherals to your Mac, including two 4K displays or one 5K display with the 14-Port Thunderbolt 3 Dock, which is available for $149.99. This isn't quite as steep of a discount as we've previously seen on the accessory, but at $130 off it's still a great second-best price for anyone who missed last week's sale.

All of the devices listed below are in new condition at OWC, although the retailer does provide various item condition options for anyone who might want to save money by purchasing open box items. Be sure to visit OWC's sale landing page to browse the full sale, which also features deals on cables, Mac accessories, keyboards, and headphones.

Docks and Hubs

External Drives and Enclosures

Memory

Miscellaneous

Keep up with all of this week's best discounts on Apple products and related accessories in our dedicated Apple Deals roundup.

Article Link: Get Deep Discounts on OWC's Best Thunderbolt Docks, USB-C Hubs, Memory, and More Mac Accessories

FrizzleFryBen

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Is there a mini display port? I thought that point of a dock is to avoid adaptors or the need for unique cables. Pretty sure I tossed like 12 of those adaptors in the trash 7 years ago. IDK, am I just out of touch and they made a comeback...or never went away?

aknabi

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2011
Sadly I own both the OWC USB-C and TB3 docks... they've been a nightmare and bags of wonk... as a result both are sitting in the junk drawer (I won't inflict a friend by giving it to them)... Though may repurpose the TB3 dock as a charger/USB-A port hub... but way too much to pay for that.

I wish Apple would make a proper, desktop TB4 dock like this, but with AAPL design and wonk-free experience (though lately that's been an issue even with Apple<->Apple gear).

Reactions: DEXTERITY

victorvictoria

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2023
I've done business with OWC as an Apple VAR, and personally as an enduser. They're the best remaining Apple-oriented third party vendor. It's not the products, they're comparable to most aftermarket hardware. It's the service and support. The guys there know their business, and they're always willing to help if you get stuck using something. (See that Mrs. Eckholm, I DO know how to use "there/their/they're in context!). And trust is important to me as a former businessman and current user.

DEXTERITY

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2004
I've done business with OWC as an Apple VAR, and personally as an enduser. They're the best remaining Apple-oriented third party vendor. It's not the products, they're comparable to most aftermarket hardware. It's the service and support. The guys there know their business, and they're always willing to help if you get stuck using something. (See that Mrs. Eckholm, I DO know how to use "there/their/they're in context!). And trust is important to me as a former businessman and current user.
Ha, been trying to return two defective 12 tb elite pro external drives since feb 17th. Just had to issue a chargeback. Keep getting the run around and constantly asked to try something else to see if it fixes the situation. Yet, no other externals crap out like the two they sent me, including those same drives that I own from ten years ago. Their customer service sucks now. Being polite does not equal good service.

Reactions: aknabi

victorvictoria

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2023
Ha, been trying to return two defective 12 tb elite pro external drives since feb 17th. Just had to issue a chargeback. Keep getting the run around and constantly asked to try something else to see if it fixes the situation. Yet, no other externals crap out like the two they sent me, including those same drives that I own from ten years ago. Their customer service sucks now. Being polite does not equal good service.
They'll make good on it. We both know that.

• Disagree
Reactions: DEXTERITY

DEXTERITY

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2004
They'll make good on it. We both know that.
I dont know that and everything says the opposite.

I have a support ticket with customer service and tech support and neither are doing anything but blowing me off and or ignoring my return request. I called Friday (requested a supervisor) and was told someone would email me by Saturday and then call by Monday. That never happened either.

The rep said they try to be considerate of your personal time. WUT!

I tied up my computer for three days doing a secure multi pass disk erase and spent numerous other hours troubleshooting and going back and forth when it is clear as day the drives are lemons.I have been going back and forth since 2/17/24. They have no intention of making this right. What they are doing is running out the time on the return window.

victorvictoria

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2023
I dont know that and everything says the opposite.

I have a support ticket with customer service and tech support and neither are doing anything but blowing me off and or ignoring my return request. I called Friday (requested a supervisor) and was told someone would email me by Saturday and then call by Monday. That never happened either.

The rep said they try to be considerate of your personal time. WUT!

I tied up my computer for three days doing a secure multi pass disk erase and spent numerous other hours troubleshooting and going back and forth when it is clear as day the drives are lemons.I have been going back and forth since 2/17/24. They have no intention of making this right. What they are doing is running out the time on the return window.
Sorry to hear that one of my most reliable and trusted vendors is failing you.

DEXTERITY

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2004
Sorry to hear that one of my most reliable and trusted vendors is failing you.
thanks, yeah, it used to be mine as well. I have been a customer since forever (at least 2010).. I even contacted the CEO... crickets.... at least B&H Photo is consistent.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.