Get Disconnected from Wifi every 30-40 seconds?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by BeatRaiden, Dec 21, 2014.

1. BeatRaiden macrumors newbie

So I have a Macbook Air 13" and is the early 2014 version. So everything was going fine until I woke up the next morning and its like that. I kept getting disconnected from the Wifi every 30-40 seconds. And everytime I try to reconnect, 30 seconds later it gets disconnected. After that, I tried to forget the network and now I am unable to join. Can someone help me with this please? I was downloading OS X Yosemite but then I paused it and left it there for a few days. After that I deleted Yosemite, restart the computer, turned off the keychain, reset the PRAM, deleted System Configuration, set wifi service order, but it still the same. Someone help me ASAP please

2. brerlappin macrumors member

My friend had this issue. You have to change the encryption from WEP to WPA2.

3. joshlalonde macrumors 6502

joshlalonde

I'm not sure if that's the reason, but nonetheless, WPA2 is more secure so you should definitely upgrade to WPA2 anyways.

To explain what he meant:

1. You need to go to your router's webpage
    Hold alt, click on wifi signal and find the router IP address. Type http:// and then the IP address in Safari.

2. Go to the security section
    3. Change encryption type to WPA2 if supported.
    4. Save changes. Router will reboot and you will lose connection. In a minute or so, it should be back up.
    5. Report your findings here.