iPad Get excited!!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Redjericho, May 20, 2012.

1. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

2. dgstan macrumors 6502a

3. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

Oh snap! After JBing my original iPad, I think I'm definitely going to JB my new iPad so I can sell the old one. Now I need to figure out how to transfer saves from my Gameboy emulator, lol. Any ideas???

4. miamihacker macrumors regular

go get it guys! just came out!
    :Dhttp://greenpois0n.com/

5. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

Dang! You beat me to it!

6. DS3, May 25, 2012
    Last edited: May 25, 2012

DS3 macrumors 6502a

Their website wants to me to erase all settings and content on my iPad before jailbreaking so that its faster? It takes a ton of time to re-sync everything on my iPad, I have a hard time believing the overall process would be faster than letting the jailbreak take longer... it will still work the same either way right?

edit: And it says device not compatible when i plug in my iPad 3 5.1.1...
    edit 2: Working now, not sure what was up with that. Ill just jailbreak it without restore, can always just redo it if thats really necessary.

7. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

Unfortunately, I don't have the time before leaving for work to restore before jailbreaking. I don't remember jailbreaking taking this long. I'm a little nervous. I'll only have time to do one device, so I am hoping it works on my new iPad!

Just as I thought...it failed. Trying again and hoping stronger now.

8. eurobum macrumors member

How did it fail?

Mine, apparently, did not succeed either. Three times. Followed all instructions carefully. During the process it says "recovery complete" and it reboots, but once the progress bar is at its end, it just says:

[​IMG]

Seems it hasn't worked. No Cydia.

----------

Just tried a fourth time. I must've missed a notification in the previous attempts. Right before it arrives at that screen capture, it says something like: "Hmmm, something seems to have gone wrong."

Will try later. Gotta leave. It's 30 degrees Celsius!

9. potsey2007 macrumors newbie

I am having the same issues on Windows 7. I will try on my girlfriend's MacBook tonight if this doesn't get resolved in the meantime.

10. potsey2007 macrumors newbie

For those having this issue, restoring your iPad via iTunes fixed this issue for me.

11. bobright macrumors 601

12. Zcott macrumors 68020

I jail broke my iPhone 4S earlier. The readme said to restore to factory settings before jail breaking and I didn't bother. The jailbreak still worked fine.

13. mrdee0 macrumors newbie

You mean after it fails you need to restore via itunes? But will that restore things back to before the jailbreak or will the jailbreak remain?

14. potsey2007 macrumors newbie

If you get the error message above (jailbreak fails), one way around it is by restoring via iTunes. This will wipe your iPad and reinstall 5.1.1 firmware on it.

15. BigCanoe macrumors 6502

This does not support the iPad 3 aka "new" iPad right?

16. citivolus macrumors 6502a

no I believe it does support the "new" iPad.

17. iMoo macrumors regular

iMoo

iPad/iPhone Absinthe Jailbreak Guide (step by step for the ones having problems)

This is what to do:-

Right click the name of the iPad in iTunes and then click "Backup"
    This will backup all your data and saves and apps etc.

Then click on "restore" and choose new iPad.
    Do this instead of erase all settings, this will still erase everything and set up your iPad as new (don't worry you get your stuff back..just keep with it)

Then without touching your iPad right-click Absinthe exe and run as administrator if it creates another file then go into there and right-click and run as administrator.
    Click Jailbreak and let it go through it's process until it says complete.

Then lastly in iTunes press Shift+Right-click the ipad and choose restore. Choose restore from (and then the last backup) and not setup as new.

This should then restore all your ipad apps and everything you had before and you should also see the Cydia app added too.

Hope this has helped you guys and enjoy:)

18. Redjericho thread starter macrumors 6502a

Some of the problems you get will most likely be the major dumping on chronic dev's servers. In 3 days it'll be a less problematic process.