Get Facebook to remove pic of me

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by c55, Jul 15, 2015.

1. c55 macrumors regular

c55

I am not a member of Facebook and haven't used the website since 2009. (Ever heard of that? A young adult who doesn't use Facebook!) Today my friend had left their phone on it so I looked around for a little while. I noticed someone had posted a couple of pics and I am in them. It's not that I'm embarrassed by them, but if any employer saw that picture I would be unemployed for the rest of my life. I don't want some stupid picture out there for the world to see.

I have asked him to remove it with no response. So getting him to do it himself is off the table. I dont want to have to get into his Facebook myself I'd rather just have Facebook do it (keep it legal). I've been searching this topic for a while but I haven't found an exact answer. I'm not tagged in it because I don't have an account but my name and face is there, if that makes a difference.

and sorry if I posted this in the wrong area! Hopefully someone can help me out

2. furbzv1 macrumors 6502a

furbzv1

I think i'm the only one from my buddies who doesnt have a facebook, never really cared for it.
    I don't think you can remove the picture as it was not uploaded by you. I would try to work something out with your friend.

3. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Never been on Facebook, but presumably if you contacted them and told them the picture is of you and you didn't give permission for it to be used, they have to remove it don't they?
    Also the fact you aren't named in the photo, would make it difficult for a future employer to discover it.

4. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

Report the photo to Facebook? There should be a down arrow on the top right to report the picture.