Get Google Chrome like tabs in your Finder! Best mac tweak yet! IMO

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rashhashan, Aug 10, 2010.

1. rashhashan macrumors newbie

rashhashan

So check this out...i saw it yesterday on geekbeat.tv , watching one of my favorite podcasts. Its an app that brings the simplicity of tabs to your Finder! (and alot more, including a static Finder hotkey that slides a maximized finder window from the bottom)

http://geekbeat.tv/tidy-up-your-file-browsing-with-totalfinders-tabs/

Check it out and tell me what you think!:cool:

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I can't even begin to count the number of times someone has posted a thread like "Dock disappeared!" or "Finder won't launch!" or "Icons screwed up!" or some other crisis that was caused by some poorly-designed "hack" or "customization" that caused problems. Unless a modification offers a significant improvement in productivity, I'd prefer to leave Mac OS X alone. IMO, having a gizmo, thingamabob, whiz-bang or flashy, sparkly cute "tweak" isn't worth screwing up your OS or apps.

3. blunderboy macrumors 6502

Agreed. I'd rather just have my stuff work, even without the tweaks. Some of those tweaks can break compatibility in Apple updates, like the Application Enhancer debacle that resulted in OS X being stuck on a blue screen after people upgraded from Tiger to Leopard.

4. rashhashan thread starter macrumors newbie

rashhashan

ive been running it for about 2 weeks now for about 7-9 hours a day with no problems- eh maybe it jus likes me:cool: