Get in Line Now (Limited Stock)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iBreatheApple, Sep 15, 2014.

1. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I have a friend who works for AT&T. She says that her store is getting a SINGLE iPhone 6 Plus in the 16GB configuration. She said that it seems to be a trend with all the stores in this area, too. While this will obviously differ from location to location, it looks like we're having a repeat of the Gold iPhone situation from last year. It should also be noted that AT&T apparently doesn't place a restriction on employees purchasing phones on launch as my friend states they will be scooping their own that morning.

As far as the 6 goes, we are getting like 12, all colors and sizes... Just don't know how many of each.

Better get in line!

2. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

Somebody said the same thing on another post but instead it was a Space Gray 64GB configuration.

Crazy!

3. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Yeah, carriers are not the way to go this time. If you want better odds it's much better to camp at an Apple Store.

4. Gooberton macrumors 65816

If employees can purchase there will be none lol

5. noobinator macrumors 601

And that is why I pre-order and sit my living room watching TV with the central AC blowing and a beer in hand awaiting the Fed Ex driver. The only thing I need now is a diaper or a toilet built into my recliner. I have a small fridge.

6. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

Employees being able to purchase from store stock is against AT&T policy if I'm not mistaken....

7. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

I assume thats what BBY said. They called me twice for ready for pickup. Twice, they couldn't find it onsite.

8. cleirac macrumors 6502

The reason I pre-ordered for deliveries at work on launch days. :p

Waking up for some nerve-wracking stress in the wee hours during iDevices pre-order days are all worth it. :D

9. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

This is what a friend said...

Attached Files:

10. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

I'm sorry and don't be mad. You can be talking to your brother for all we know. The screenshot is nice but who knows who you are talking to.

11. noobinator macrumors 601

Authorized reseller and ATT are 2 completely different things.

12. cleirac macrumors 6502

Your chances will be better or odds of nabbing one by lining up super early at carrier's corporate store than at authorized reseller then?

13. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

That is an agent, not a corporate store or AT&T employee.

14. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I have so much to gain from making this story up. :rolleyes: It's definitely my brother, though. Can't you tell from the picture?

Nor did I say that she was 100% correct. The screenshot even shows that she said 'as far as I know'.

15. griffinmeyer macrumors member

If this person is whom you are getting your information from, it should be noted to everyone that this person works for an AUTHORIZED RE-SELLER, NOT A CORPORATE STORE.

In fact, if authorized resellers are lucky enough to even get a single 6 Plus, then it is probably safe to assume there is enough 6 Plus stock for corporate stores to go around. (That could mean only like 10 or 15 6 Plus's per corporate store, but that's still quite a lot considering the current situation...)

16. EnderTW macrumors 6502

Authorized reseller is not AT&T, you should really edit your post..

17. clg82 macrumors regular

more pictures of said friend please.....:cool:

18. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Don't forget a pic when you are holding your phone and wearing your diaper. :eek:

19. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

So basically, if none of the stores have it in stock on Friday. The next best thing would be to purchase from Apple.com and patiently wait? Not trying to overpay on CL or eBay.

20. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Not surprised. Carriers and third party retailers (Best Buy/Target etc) never get much stock. Much higher chance waiting at an Apple store.

21. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Considering the ratio of corporate stores to retailers... I really shouldn't. If there are X number of retailers in comparison to corporate stores that means that more customers will be at these retailers and will likely experience similar situations.

22. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

I agree. Authorized retailers follow their own regulations, and they get way less phones that corporate stores do. Dealing with them can be such shi*ty experiences.

23. ozziegn macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

Bingo! Authorized dealers generally don't have squat for inventory stock. So the odds in them getting ANY iPhone 6 (or plus model) phones on launch day will be very slim to none.

COR stores do and will always have much more stock than the dealer chain.

24. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

No, but you said this:
    Implying she works for AT&T and she doesn't.

25. Iphoneness macrumors 6502

Iphoneness

The retailers have completely different policies than the corporate stores. Aka one would experience a very different situation. That being said, I hope your friend is wrong as far as corporate stores go, because I wil be in line Thursday night.