Get iPhone 4 now, or wait for iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Dlit, May 29, 2011.

1. Dlit macrumors newbie

Hey guys I recently broke the home button on my iPhone 3GS so now I'm stuck in my calendar :(. So since my contract is up I can buy a new phone, but the iPhone 4 has been on the market for awhile now so would it be worth waiting for the iPhone 5?

2. plaxico44 macrumors regular

plaxico44

I'd wait and see what happens at WWDC, but it looks the the iPhone 5 or 4S isnt coming until late summer. Maybe you should get this considering how many devices you've killed.

3. Dlit thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, that sounds like a good idea. I've got my old 3GS stuck in SMS now so I can at least use my phone some what.

But I know, I have Apple care on all my gear. Each device has a story :rolleyes: , none on purpose!

4. pyro008 macrumors 6502

I'm waiting til WWDC, but not anticipating any good news. I really can't wait til even September so I'll probably be buying a 4 soon after WWDC ends.

5. JessicaR macrumors member

My husband is in the same boat. His phone is due for upgrade 8/8 and his phone is constantly having problems. We are always trying to decide should we try to hold out to the i5 or do we go ahead and get the i4. If we get the i4 we can get a white iPhone which looks oh so pretty :)

If it shuts down completely we may pop out the sim card and head over to Walmart LOL

6. RodThePlod macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

Personally, I wouldn't buy an iPhone 4 now. September is only a few months away and I'd be kicking myself when the new model is introduced.

Get a cheap phone and use that for few months. You know it makes sense ;)

RTP.

7. tp1 macrumors newbie

8. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

IDK why this is in the troubleshooting forum, but wait, definitely.

9. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

yeah I would wait for the iphone 5. but besides all that.. have you checked into repairing the home button and what the cost may be?