Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iRabid

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 31, 2009
I'm posting this up for a co worker who has the 3GS. He's going back and forth on getting the iPhone 4, or keeping his 3GS and wait for the next one.

He's not eligible for the full discount. His upgrade is available summer of next year. He's afraid of getting the iPhone now and Steve Hobs will announce a better iPhone that year.*

I told him that it's most likely that Apple will announce a new iPhone next year. BUT I think that next years iPhone won't be a dramatic change. More like a iPhone 3G ---- iPhone 3GS upgrade.

I myself, will be getting the iPhone 4 and is willing to pay the early upgrade fee. ($299 + $200 = $499)

What do you guys think he should do?

vizkiz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
Long Island, NY
Wait until that i6 drops.

No man, I heard that i5 will have an Intel Core i5 in it. Unless that was the i7 having a Core i7 in it. I may be mixed up.
/joke

Anyway, if he's eligible next year, he should get the new phone next year.
I wouldn't get it if I wasn't eligible for full subsidy. It's an awesome phone and all, but there is no way in hell I'm paying $400 or $600 for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.