Get iPhone 4, or wait till next one?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iRabid, Jun 18, 2010.

  1. iRabid macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2009
    #1
    I'm posting this up for a co worker who has the 3GS. He's going back and forth on getting the iPhone 4, or keeping his 3GS and wait for the next one.

    He's not eligible for the full discount. His upgrade is available summer of next year. He's afraid of getting the iPhone now and Steve Hobs will announce a better iPhone that year.*

    I told him that it's most likely that Apple will announce a new iPhone next year. BUT I think that next years iPhone won't be a dramatic change. More like a iPhone 3G ---- iPhone 3GS upgrade.

    I myself, will be getting the iPhone 4 and is willing to pay the early upgrade fee. ($299 + $200 = $499)

    What do you guys think he should do?
     
  2. spyda macrumors 6502a

    spyda

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2009
  3. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

    Loves2spoon

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2010
    Location:
    California
    #3
    You gotta pay to play. If he wants more ram, a better camera, better display etc... buy it.

    If he can't afford it, skip it.
     
  4. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

    vizkiz

    Joined:
    Jul 22, 2008
    Location:
    Long Island, NY
    #4
    No man, I heard that i5 will have an Intel Core i5 in it. Unless that was the i7 having a Core i7 in it. I may be mixed up.
    /joke

    Anyway, if he's eligible next year, he should get the new phone next year.
    I wouldn't get it if I wasn't eligible for full subsidy. It's an awesome phone and all, but there is no way in hell I'm paying $400 or $600 for it.
     
  5. plusonechoi macrumors member

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2010
    Location:
    San Francisco
    #5
    if youre going to be getting in anytime next year, i'd say just get the OS update for now and wait for the new features/phone next summer.
     
  6. msavwah macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2010
    Location:
    Oahu

Share This Page