Get iPhone 4 upgrade from AT&T or Apple Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eq2675, Sep 26, 2010.

1. eq2675 macrumors regular

I will probably be upgrading my iPhone 3GS to an iPhone 4 in the next 3 weeks. Are there any advantages in getting the upgrade at the AT&T store or the Apple Store?

I do live in Metro Atlanta Georgia and we have several of both stores. FWIW, I do want the most recent production of the iPhone 4, just in case there have been any undisclosed mods since initial production.

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

There have been no hardware upgrades since release. Buy it wherever is easier for you.

3. NicoleRichie macrumors 6502

does not matter. Save fuel, go the the one near you, or order it online.

4. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

Just don't make the mistake and get it at walmart! I bought my 3G there a few years ago and that was the worst mistake I've ever made! They had my plan wrong, Internet didn't work and visual voicemail wasn't even working! Personally I'd buy it from apple but it doesn't really matter!

5. Adisah macrumors regular

I live in metro atlanta. I usually go to an at&t store but you can go to either one. Each one is a fine choice.

Additionally, there is usually more in stock at the at&t store.

6. eq2675 thread starter macrumors regular

I went to the AT&T store closest to my home. All went very smooth. BTW, sure am liking the iPhone 4 :)

7. nosser macrumors regular

walmart... they charge tax on the sale price.

8. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

i was thinking of doing that. did anyone get their ip4's from walmart? how was the experience?

9. nosser macrumors regular

well the experience kinda depends on the store and rep you end up talking to. It could take 30 mins to get you set up. The only issue may be if you want a 32gb since walmart only carries the 16gb.