iPad Get iPhone 6 Plus or iPhone 5s + iPad Air 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Toocool, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Toocool macrumors newbie

I currently have iPad 3, Macbook Air and Moto X (Android).

Love the continuity feature in Yosemite and Touch ID (both for unlocking and working with apps like 1Password), so want to get back to the Apple Ecosystem.

Confused though. Since I can't get both the iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6 (budget constraints), I'm thinking of either selling both my iPad 3 and Moto X, and getting iPhone Plus 6 OR both iPhone 5s and the iPad Air 2.

iPhone 6 Plus costs Rs 62,000 ($1035) here in India and the combined cost of iPhone 5S and iPad Air 2 would be about 100$ more.

Edit: Not sure if this was the right section to post. Addicted to reading threads in the iPad section ever since the iPad Air 2 released, so posted here. Mods please move if this isn't the right section.

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Personally, I'd go for iPhone 5S + iPad Air 2.

My partner bought the 6+ and kept it for two weeks before finally returning it, so I got to play with it quite extensively. It felt like an in-between device that was not good at being a phone or a tablet. It's probably a good device if you want a phone that can do tablet-like stuff in a pinch, but if you want a tablet, go for a real tablet.

3. marcosscriven macrumors regular

For me, my phone choice/budget is much more important than my ipad choice/budget, simply because I have my phone with me literally all the time. Just having the best possible camera with you at all times is enough for me to go with the iPhone 6. If that meant I couldn't afford an iPad, I'd still go with it. Really not a fan of the 6+ - felt like I'd almost certainly drop it while out and about looking at Google Maps or whatever.

My advice would be iPhone 6 (not +), and a Apple-refurb 32GB wifi only Air 1 or mini 2.

4. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

for me 2 products > 1 product lol

the iphone 5s is a great phone. I actually like smaller screens

where you're located, the one 'up' that the 6 has over the 5s (apple pay) isnt available.

get the iphone 5s.

5. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

My perfect choice is iPhone 6 + iPad Air 2. If you simply can't stretch that far then go iPhone 5s and iPad Air 2.

The difference from iPhone 5s to 6 is not as significant as from iPad Air to Air 2.

The iPhone 5s is still an excellent phone and you won't really notice a huge difference in day to day use, the 2GB RAM in the Air 2 is a game changer though...

6. Toocool thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys. I dont want to spend on iPhone 6 right now (costs about 300$ more here compared to 5S).

I guess it would be a good idea to buy the iPhone 5S + iPad Air 2 right now. When the iPhone 6S releases, hopefully with 2GB of RAM, sell 5S and get the 6S. Should be a more future-proof device.

Also, like the design of 5S much more than the 6. I hope they change the design a bit for the 6S, especially those white stripes on the back and protruding camera.

7. Tzuten macrumors 6502

Hmm, I guess it's all about perspective but I say that a 5S to 6 is much more significant than an Air 1 to 2.. Air 1 is still plenty. Touch ID on the Air is nice, as well as the 2GB. But the .7 inch of more screen real estate is a significant change in user experience.

8. laudern macrumors 6502a

I'll be getting new a macbook air instead of an ipad.

9. addictzz macrumors 6502

iPhone 5S definitely. iPad is where you get your big screen luxury from so you don't need a second large-screen device. Moreover, iPhone 5S has similar design philosophy with iPad.