Get iPod touch tomorrow, how do I...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rkearbey, Oct 2, 2007.

1. rkearbey macrumors newbie

How do I get movies on it? I have a pc. I assume I need software to convert the DVD to a specific format for the itouch. I have AnyDVD. Will that work? Also, I have a wireless network in my place that Tivo accesses. Can I get shows from Tivo into my itouch through the computer?

Sorry, I'm totally new at this but appreciate any help!

2. Football1maniac macrumors regular

Football1maniac

Welcome to the iPod touch family. First off, I don't know anything about AnyDVD. But when you sync your new iTouch, it will ask you if you want to download movies. Click yes and your on your merry way. Ans about TiVO, I believe that you can't acces your media over your network. This will probably take a 3rd party application. I love my iPod touch and so will you. :apple:;)

3. Dublo7 macrumors regular

For AVI to iPod, I'd recommend Winavi MP4 Converter. It's fast and it's great quality.
    For DVD to iPod, I'd use something like Xilisoft.

4. rkearbey thread starter macrumors newbie

I visited the Xilisoft website and they have a lot of products! Are you talking about Xilisoft DVD to iPod Converter?

5. Dublo7 macrumors regular

I'd use the DVD to iPhone suite. Iphone and Touch have the exact same video capabilities.

6. marcongj macrumors member

Will this work on any dvd because I bought a progam last year and it said it can not copy because of copyright issues.

7. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

If copyrights are an issue... er, am I allowed to say what programs you should use to go around those, or will I be banned?

8. Dublo7 macrumors regular

You could use DVD Decrypter. However, Xilisoft may work anyway. I'm not too sure about that, sorry.

9. keirnna macrumors regular

keirnna

Use handbrake for both Mac and Windows DVD to Mpeg 4 video. It is free and works great. Use FFMpeg for AVI to MP4.

10. spazer macrumors member

AnyDVD is just a DVD decryping utility. It works very well in unison with Handbrake on Windows. AnyDVD will "unlock" a DVD in your drive, allowing you to rip the DVD and encode it in an iPhone/iPt format. Go download Handbrake for Windows, it's free.

If you have a Mac (running OSX) handbrake can to the decryption part as well, and works great. I've found this is the easiest solution, so I rip DVDs on my Mac, then copy the rips to my PC with iTunes for xfr to the iPod.

11. rkearbey thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, I decrypted with Any DVD worked great. Went to the ts file as the source and as destitation, used mpeg4 as decoder and AAC as audio.

It worked fine but once the encoding was done, itunes wouldn't import it into my movies folder.

Did I do this right?