"Get it before it's gone" apps

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by lionqueen, Apr 7, 2011.

1. lionqueen macrumors 6502

This post may go over like a lead zepplin, but I'm going to try anyway. I just recently found out about the VLC app, and wanted to download it, but alas, it's been pulled from the app store. As much as I consider myself to be up on the recent apps that are out, obviously we can't all be aware of every app... After all, there ARE days where I dont check the appstore or come on Macrumours. This isnt the first time I've missed an app cos it's been pulled.

I also feel like there are quite a few ppl on this forum who are tech savvy enough to know when they find an app that might get pulled. Sooooo... My thought is that we could use this thread to keep track of such apps, so that more ppl would get a chance to get them before they're pulled. Someone could just pop in and say " I downloaded xyz app today, it does such and such, but I think Apple might pull it, so grab it while you can". Then ppl could check the thread, to see if there are any apps they might need to get asap.

Good idea? Let me know.

2. BobbieM629 macrumors regular

I like the idea. Why does Apple pull apps, aside from obvious (like the recent Gay healing app)? A twitter app I used a lot was pulled and I didn't get that..

3. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

The VLC app was pulled for violating the GPL (well, the app store's TOS violates it). IDK how common things like that are.

4. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

What's wrong with Gay Healling app? Everyone needs some gay healing apps :)

5. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

A thread for something like this would be nice, but usually if an app makes it to notorious status, people start separate ones about them.