"Get Lyrics" feature, please!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by sk3pt1c, Jan 29, 2008.

1. sk3pt1c macrumors 6502a

sk3pt1c

i love the "get artwork" option in the right click menu in iTunes, but don't you think there should be an option to get the lyrics too?
    maybe change it to "Get Media" or "Get Artwork&Lyrics"...
    i hate having to use a widget to put lyrics into my songs :(

2. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

There should be, so I totally agree. Also it should come with the song when you buy one just like they come in the booklets when you buy a CD. And to make it complete, the lyrics should be easier to display with iTunes and should be displayable with every iPod.

3. FrenzyBanana macrumors regular

i agree with this.

i have 2000+ more song that need lyrics

any website that gives correct lyrics?
    lyricsmania.com is awesome. all lyrics is right and album, song and artist are sorted
    but the site is down today

4. tnmacfan macrumors newbie

Here's an easy way to get your lyrics....

I found something the other day that really works well. Download freeware Gimmesometunes (http://www.eternalstorms.at/gimmesometune/) and Apple script Needle Drop (http://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/scripts02.php?page=1#playgroupingnextinps)

Once I did this I went into my ITunes playlist (I did it by playlist - not on the whole library). You'll see an icon in the menu bar at the top of your screen for Needle Drop - click on it. It will ask you how long you want to play your song for - I put in 1 (for 1 second). It will ask you another question (I'm not at my machine so I don't recall the question) - leave it at it's default of zero. Then just play the first song in your playlist. What happens is each song will play for the 1 second you specified for Needle Drop - as each song plays it loads the song lyrics into your ITunes. You can go through an entire playlist of songs in a very short time - the lyrics load quickly. You can go to 'get info' and select the lyrics window to see them. Make sure the song and artists names are correct or it won't find the lyrics; I'm not sure if album name is critical or not.
    The only issue I had with it was at the end of each playlist it would get stuck on the last song. What I did to get around this was click on the Needle Drop icon again - it would bring up a screen that I simply "x'ed" out of to exit. Then I would go to my next playlist and do the same thing all over again (select Needle Drop, enter 1 second and so on). I found that it populated the vast majority of my lyircs - even some obscure songs.
    I did the same thing with my daughter's music, but with hers I did it from the music library instead of by playlist. This worked very well too and I didn't have the problem I encountered with the last song in each playlist. The coolest thing was that when I synced up my iphone (which has the latest release) it loaded the lyrics on there and I'm now able to see them when I play a song on my phone. Very cool! I hope this helps....

5. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

That would be a great idea! I hate going to different websites to try and find lyrics and then having to go to iTunes and copy and paste them into the correct file.