Get Mail Disappeared

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Nuck81, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Nuck81 macrumors regular

So for some reason the Get mail button disappeared in my mail app. I now have to click up at the top under the mailbox tab in order to get my all mail option.

Any idea what happened to make it disappear?

2. EndlessMac macrumors 6502

Either you accidentally removed it or someone else did. You can always add or remove button icons from the toolbar (the area were your Get Mail button was) by right clicking or ctrl clicking in that area. Go to Customize Toolbar option and drag in all the buttons you want or remove some if you want also. You can also go to Customize Toolbar in the View menu.

3. Nuck81 thread starter macrumors regular

That was it.

I apprecitate it. all I had to do was click the upper right corner. Apparently the GF used mac and wasn't sure how to minimize the mail tab. I appreciate the help.

4. EndlessMac macrumors 6502

No problem. It looks like your GF clicked on hide/show toolbar button which is different than completely removing the Get Mail button as I thought your problem was originally. Anyway I'm glad your problem has been solved.

5. md70118 macrumors newbie

Missing Icons on MacMail Toolbar

My "send" button has disappeared in my mac mail toolbar. To send an e-mail, I have to use pull-down menu to do so. At the same time the "attach" button has disappeared as well and likewise to attach a file to an e-mail, I have to use the pull-down menu. In trying to correct the problem there is no "Send" or "Attach" in the Customize Toolbar option. Any thoughts on this? Thanks!

6. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

The toolbar for the message window is different from the main one for mailboxes. To get the send button back, open a new message or reply (where you type in an e-mail), right-click on that toolbar and select "Customize Toolbar..."

7. amazegirl macrumors newbie

My send and attach buttons disappeared

My "send" button has disappeared in my mac mail toolbar. To send an e-mail, I have to use pull-down menu to do so. At the same time the "attach" button has disappeared as well and likewise to attach a file to an e-mail, I have to use the pull-down menu. In trying to correct the problem there is no "Send" or "Attach" in the Customize Toolbar option.

I did go to the customize toolbar option in the reply mode. Yes, the send and attach icons are there in the toolbar option, however, I can't get them into the main toolbar for when I want to send a new original message.

I would appreciate any help to those icons back into my main mac mail toolbar.

----------

Problem resolved!! This time I went to create a new message. I then double-clicked on the toolbar and found the customize toolbar option, where I was able to add back the default toolbar which has all the icons I needed to send a new message with attachment.:):):)